Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally took the Texas CHL Course and sent in my packet! I can't wait to actually get my license! I used my XD40 V10 to qualify and shot the **** out of the target! Will post pics soon. Anybody know what the average wait time for a Texas CHL is these days?

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
I believe about 4-6 wks

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah I've heard it's anywhere from 30 days up to 4 months! yikes! I hope it's not 4 months!

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
6 weeks from mailing the paperwork till I received it in the mail. Worth the wait. I already did the Wally Walk, Academy walk, Gander walk, all kinds of walk. Saw this sign on one of the gun shops in town that says, "All firearms must be unloaded and ammo left in the car before entering. CHL holders are the exception." Guess what, I walked in grinning!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
6 weeks from mailing the paperwork till I received it in the mail. Worth the wait. I already did the Wally Walk, Academy walk, Gander walk, all kinds of walk. Saw this sign on one of the gun shops in town that says, "All firearms must be unloaded and ammo left in the car before entering. CHL holders are the exception." Guess what, I walked in grinning!
hahaha nice I bet that was a damn good feeling. I'm so excited. I've been testing different IWB holsters and walking around the house with my gun on my hip lol.

·
Registered
143 Posts
We did the class as a family. My son said his has been mailed, not sure about my wife, and mine is in the manufacturing process(whatever that means). Austin recieved the packets 0n March 8, 2011.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Yet not a "legal" sign.

There's an indoor range in DFW that has a sign saying something to the effect that all firearms must be unloaded, but anybody that' had CHL knows that it doesn't meet 30:06 standards. It's there to deter the "other" people.

O.P. - Congrats on the CHL. It's worth the wait. I was paranoid before, but now that I have a child I am more aware and protective than ever before.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks man, yeah I def can't wait til I get mine in. How do yall carry holster-wise? no holster, IWB, or OWB?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My shooting qualifier!

·
Registered
73 Posts
I mailed my packet in on 2/28 and received my license on 5/1 so it took a little over 9 weeks from start to finish, but it is worth the wait!

·
Registered
74 Posts
I live in North TX and for me it took 58 days from mailing my packet to getting the license in my hands. I do think that's on the long end of the average though, received it 02/19/2011. Most seem to be around 30-45 days. I use a DeSantis Tuck-This II (inside waist band) for now but may get a crossbreed supertuck or an old faithful holster kit. Congrats on getting everything completed and sent in.

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
Did my initial class in the 90s, can't remember how long it took to get my CHL.
Just did my third renewal, no class, no prints, no pic, no range test.
Just renew online and pay the state of Texas....

·
Registered
140 Posts
I took my class on April 16th or so, and sent the package the following Tuesday. Every time I check the website it says application submitted online, awaiting documents. Does it say that pretty much until the application is almost complete, or does it update often. Just curious as I sent everything right away, as soon as I did the digital fingerprints.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I took my class on April 16th or so, and sent the package the following Tuesday. Every time I check the website it says application submitted online, awaiting documents. Does it say that pretty much until the application is almost complete, or does it update often. Just curious as I sent everything right away, as soon as I did the digital fingerprints.
It's gonna be like that for about 5 weeks, after is what seemingly a long background check.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
mine is doing the exact same thing! :evil:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine took about 6 months. First set of fingerprints failed. Second set were lost. Third set finally made it. I also followed with a few phone calls as all of the other people in my class were getting theirs. One guy got it in two weeks. Most were about 6 weeks. I was dead last. (No disqualifications, by the way.)

Glass half full though..... all of theirs expires before mine.

This was a year and a half ago.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm anxiously awaiting my CHL too. Mailed mine in on 4/15 but seems even longer when you’re waiting. I ordered a crossbreed supertuck to accommodate a CT laserguide. I understand it takes a while to get it too so hopefully I'll get both about the same time...

1 - 20 of 39 Posts