Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious. How long did it take to get your CHL? I am currently waiting for mine and my chl instructor said some people got it in two weeks. Wanted to know how long it took you.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Been awhile, but I it was definitely NOT two weeks.

I think mine was close to 40 days.?.

·
Registered
17,685 Posts
little over 30 days here

·
Registered
329 Posts
Close to 60 days.. and that was recently.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Once the paperwork, photos and fingerprinting were all submitted, it too about five agonizing weeks as I recall. It took my father about two weeks to receive his CHL prior to the switch for electronic fingerprinting. I took my CHL course the first month that the state required electronic fingerprinting submissions through L3. As I understand it, going through L3 for the fingerprinting actually slowed DPS down in processing when I took the class because DPS was backlogged initially. Good luck!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thx everyone. I am wasting my time checking the DPS website everyday ..lol.. Hopefully it will come soon.

·
Registered
87 Posts
They told me about 3 months to get mine...but i got mine in about 30 days

·
Registered
56 Posts
It took them about 3 weeks to figure out that I was born overseas and request a scan of my passport, but the letter said they would try not delay the process too much. I returned the information requested in a few days and the total time was about 45 days. I am pretty sure you can track the progress online if you have your paperwork with the tracking numbers.

·
Registered
50 Posts
2 to 3 weeks in AZ. for my last CCW renewal it was 2 weeks! DPS is pretty quick unless there backed up?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts