Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all, i'm looking to get a hand gun in the 9mm configuration and am having issues deciding between the XD4' service 9mm and the Steyr M9-A1 9mm and was wonderin what most of your thought were on the two in question.

I figure the Steyr is $350 and could get several mags with it or just get the XD and get the 2 that come with it for $500.

Would seem logical to get the cheaper but I don't want to pay little if i'm actually gettin less. This is going to be a ccw and I want to make sure it's going to work 100% if needed.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
48 Posts
XD! if your looking for something to protect you or your family's life you want reliability. and from my experience the XD will get the job done. also, i have owned a Taurus PT-111 millennium pro and it was reliable. i paid about 325 bucks for it. you could also try Taurus 24/7 series as well.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Welcome from Indiana! Can't go wrong with the xd.

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
Welcome to the forum TOVE.
I researched but couldn't find any warranty info on the Steyr.
SA has a lifetime warranty, although I've never had to send any of my XDs back for any reason.
I've carried my XD9sc for over a year now and I'm very happy with it.
But I recently started carrying a Sig P239 instead....:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
I would get the XD. Springfield has a promotion on right now where you get 2 free magazines with a purchase. It is called the GEAR UP promotion. You have to purchase an XD or XDM between 15OCT08 and 15JAN09.

Here is a link to download the redemption form.

Springfield Armory Gear Up Promo Site

·
Premium Member
127,085 Posts
Welcome from Ohio.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Welcome to the forum, With a xd you get a quality of parts you don't see in other guns, I have XDs, H&Ks, Glocks, and a few others in the family your strip them all and look at them the most metal is in the XD hands down. For the price and value I don't think there is a better pistol on the market.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Welcome fellow Texan!!

Read the following discussion about supported chambers. See if this helps you decide.
http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/general-hs2k-sa-xd-talk/90160-chamber-support.html

Click on the link provided by "rbstriker" that shows pictures of various chambers for comparison.

Assuming you have handled a XD - go to a range and shoot one if you can. You are purchasing a piece of hardware for a serious purpose. Therefore, price is only a minor item to consider when buying a pistol. Only you can make the decision of what is right for you.

I was originally considering the Taurus 24/7 Pro ($350) and everybody recommended the XD to me. I bought the XD-40 Service in Bi-tone($570) and love it. One thing that helped me make up my mind was the availability of aftermarket parts for the XD. I did not see this for the Taurus. Look at the sponsor's sites of this site. I've bought from Pistol Gear - great pre-sales support and shipping. I also read a post here where a person accidentally shot a 9mm in a 40 cal pistol. Someone said the XD's are built like a tank.

Good luck on your decision and since this is the XD forum, I hope you choose the XD.

Shakey

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Get them both into your hands and make your choice. I love my XD9 service. Welcome from Minnesota!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts