Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got to the range last week with my XDm with the newly installed X-Treme grips, rubberized version. I posted pictures a few weeks ago when I installed them.

Fist off, I'll say that I like them. They look good in my opinion. They feel good, but I can't say that they make a whole lot of difference. I think they are a little bit more confortable than without them. They are a little grippier also.

They didn't magically turn me into a first class shooter, but all in all, I like them, as I said. They're inexpensive enough that it's no loss even if I didn't like them.

Here's a picture for those who didn't see them before:

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Pls give a follow-up later after some extended range use and a few cleanings. Like to know how well the edges stay tacked down (or not).
Thanks.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will do. Although that might take a while. I try to give equal time to all of my shooters.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
They do look good. But do the really feel better than the factory grips?
They DO!... I have XDMs with and without them and I really like them. They make a more aggressive sand paper grip if you want even more grip..They also make them in RED if you want to Jazz up your gun..

:cool:

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think they feel a little better. As you can see from the picture, on the sides, the rubber fills in between the high parts on the grip. So those ridges are a little less pronounced. But on the front of the grip the rubber sits on top of the raised ridges so they are a little more pronounced, but they are rubberized and smoother. See picture below. As I said, I like them and I'm glad I put them on, but it's not a life changing difference.

It remains to be seen how well they hold up. But the research I did on this forum before I bought them indicates that they hold up. Although it's not like anyone has had them on their XDm for years. They're too new. But for less than $20, what the hey! Go for it.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I've had mine for about 500 rnds now. The edges stay down just fine. I've got a wrinkle on the backstrap I can't get rid of, but it's cosmetic only and doesn't cause a problem. I clean regularly, and detail strip and haven't had any problems. I also don't dunk it in gunscrubber and generally keep cleaners away from the grip anyway.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Looks good. Might have to try them out. For $20, not risking a huge amount of money for failure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts