Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the range for the first time since I got the Ameriglo sights put on. Im not sure if it was me, or the factory sights, but I used to shoot a little high. That problem is gone.

I had 4 people come to look at my gun too and they all loved it (especially with the new sights). Then I told them about Pistol-gear, and the price I paid for them. Every time I go to the range, people love to see the XD.

The guy next to me had a Sig Pro. I let him fire the XD, and I think there might be a new XD owner soon.

Have a question though... There was a guy with a souped up AR15. Heavy barrel, Huge scope, all the toys....THis guy was shooting targets at 15 feet. Can anyone tell me what the hell for?? Ar15 zero is at 25 meters, and with that big ass scope, he should zero it at more like 100. Any ideas?

·
Registered
102 Posts
I see people at my local indoor range doing that sort of thing all the time with AR-15's and AK-47's and such. I didn't see the point then, and I still don't.

Some folks come in to test their gun, adjust sights, etc etc which I totally understand, but they usually come in and fire a couple dozen shots and leave. Then others just blast round after round, most of which are going through the hole the previous shot(s) went through. I mean, it's not like it's hard to hit a bullseye at 25 yards or so with that gun.

One time there was a pair with an AK-47 that was literally shooting around after round at a target about 3 yards away. It was so close, with the angle of the shooting the bullets were hitting the concrete floor of the range about 2/3 of the way down. Sparks were flying with each shot, and that didn't last very long before they were asked to stop.

Sounds like your new sights are great! Enjoy!

Scott

·
Registered
427 Posts
I tested mine last weekend!!! Much better than the factory sights! So glad I picked them up!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts