Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from road testing a 22 lb Wolff recoil spring (same spring as would go in a 1911, altho the 22 ain't factory standard weight for 1911 A1s) in my XD-9 Tactical.

Shot 100 rds of Blazer aluminum case and had 0 problems. I could tell a difference in the intensity of the recoil (less) after putting in the heavier spring, and with less muzzle flip it was easier to get the gun back on target, too.

With the CC trigger job and the heavier recoil spring, it was hella fun to shoot. The drawback it is that now I don't have anything to blame but my lack of skill for shots not going where I want them to.

·
Premium Member
21,383 Posts
so ivan i just wantto get it clear yu can use the same 1911 springs in the xd 9 tacticals?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
shaner said:
so ivan i just wantto get it clear yu can use the same 1911 springs in the xd 9 tacticals?
Yes. I file the last coil on each end so it's a little flatter, tho. I believe factory standard is 18# in the XD. Factory standard in 1911 A1 is 16# iirc.

·
Premium Member
21,383 Posts
thanks ivan i wasnt sure on that , now i know

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yeah, I just upgraded my xd-40 SC with don's guide rod and the 22# spring and could notice a nice difference. I enjoyed shooting it so much after a while that I didn't notice that I was shooting a lot more accurately than usual.

NRA Member

·
Premium Member
21,383 Posts
well i believe yu cause recoil ,even a litle extra can be a nasty thing even if you really dont notice it that bad, it can still affect your shooting, and anything to help eliminate it has to help

1 - 7 of 7 Posts