Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our dept is currently looking to switch handguns. Due to my being the dept gun 'nut', instructor, and on the committee, I included the XD-40 for testing. We got a 4 in and a sub compact from Springfield, and put them head to head with S&W 990L, Glocks, and Sig. The guys who had never heard of the XD40 were pleasantly surprised, as was I. In a final head to head with the XD40 vs the Glock, we decided on the XD.
We launched close to 1000 rds downrange that day through both guns, and never had an issue. The T&E guns came to use, obviously used and tested by others, but they performed great. The XD40 was a gem to shoot at the range and we gave it all we got, different kinds of ammo, sustained strings of fire heating it up, etc........ it worked great.
We are just now waiting for HK to send us their T&E guns.... but it wouldnt surprise me if we still stick with the XD40.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I like my XD's better than the HK's i have shot. I am very happy with my XD's

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Can your department afford the cost premium? In both initial purchasing and maintaining parts inventories for repairs?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Just a quick thought. The HK USP pistols have a rather large grip frame. They are a great gun but may be hard to handle for people with smaller hands. I had an HK USP 40 and sold for a Glock 22. The grip frame on the Glock has a slimmer profile. The Springfield XD has an even better ergonomic profile I believe. Plus the grip angle allows for better, natural and faster target aquisition on the XD. Currently my department issues Glocks so will continue to carry their gun with no reservations but I would have no problem transitioning to a Springfield if given the opportunity. Hope that helps for what it's worth.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts