Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I stopped carrying my XDM 3.8 Compact 45 a while back, and decided to start again. I've done a lot of research and the most talked about seemed to be Tennessee holsters and Theis holsters. I spoke to Larry from Tennessee holsters (and ordered a holster), who is very nice and more than willing to help, and their holsters seem very promising. Any opinions on either? What do you prefer and why?

·
Registered
9,593 Posts
I have a Tennessee High Ride Belt Slide but nothing from Theis. Yes, Larry is great to work with and seems like a really cool guy.
The holster is well made of very thick, very stiff leather. It takes a LOT of breaking-in, but so does a $300 pair of RedWing boots so no knock there. It's not as precisely molded as many other holsters are, but with that in mind, it fits my P220 just as well as the XDm it was made for. The backside isn't flat, meaning the two pieces of leather are molded more-or-less mirror-image then meet at the centerline (as viewed from a cross section) to be joined and have the slots cut.
Hard to explain, easier to see w a pic...I'll try to post one later.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a Tennessee High Ride Belt Slide but nothing from Theis. Yes, Larry is great to work with and seems like a really cool guy.
The holster is well made of very thick, very stiff leather. It takes a LOT of breaking-in, but so does a $300 pair of RedWing boots so no knock there. It's not as precisely molded as many other holsters are, but with that in mind, it fits my P220 just as well as the XDm it was made for. The backside isn't flat, meaning the two pieces of leather are molded more-or-less mirror-image then meet at the centerline (as viewed from a cross section) to be joined and have the slots cut.
Hard to explain, easier to see w a pic...I'll try to post one later.
I ordered the black IWB from Tennessee Holsters so i'm assuming the mold will be pretty accurate. He basically got it done within an hour of ordering so I should have it by tuesday or wednesday

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
I like Tennessee holsters. Have a shoulder rig and am very happy with it. No knowledge of other .

Btw . The holsters for the shoulder rig make decent owb if you have a leather practice blank , punch two holes and there you go.

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
Holly cow an hour to get a leather holster made. I am amazed because it takes me days of drying and finishing.
I would like to say that it took me about an hour to make the holster and let it dry next to the wood stove overnight. Then finish the holster the following day. We just do not orders pile up around here and work 16 hour day,s if that is what it takes. I do hope you enjoy your holsters and products that we make.. Thank you Larry

1 - 8 of 8 Posts