Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
What model , how old and is this thing worth $475 ?

By what it says on the side of the slide it is a CZ 75 in 9MM. As for the age you shoud see a two digit number right above the ejector. For example my CZ has a 06 on it wich means it is a 2006 model. As for the price of 475.00 that would depends on the actual condition and what all it comes with. JR

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
$475 is usually what they are new around here.

I got a new one in Stainless at a large & usually overpriced chain retailer with lum-sights for only $465. Damn nice handguns, one of my favorite that can blow away high dollar pistols.

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
When was that gun manufactured? There should be a date stamp near the proof mark on the right side. The lettering, safety, and slide stop has me thinking it's an older gun, but I could be wrong since the hammer is of the newer design.

At any rate, you can get a new CZ 75 from Bud's Gun Shop for roughly $483 or thereabouts, but you'd then have the transfer fee. The dealer I usually deal with through Davidson's/Gun Genie sells it for $471, but with S/H comes up to $495. The thing I like about Davidson's, though, is that you get the Lifetime Warranty which I've used.

The short of it is, I had bought a Jericho 941 in .45ACP back when Charles Daly was importing them, Charles Daly went out of business during the recession and the pistol had a defect. I was given the option of getting a full refund or putting the full amount towards another gun. I put the money towards a Beretta CX4 and only had to pay the difference ($180 OTD). Where else have you ever heard of giving you full value for a gun.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I also can get a new one at my LGS for about $480. I wouldn't pay more than $300 for a used one, but that's just me...

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
When was that gun manufactured? There should be a date stamp near the proof mark on the right side. The lettering, safety, and slide stop has me thinking it's an older gun, but I could be wrong since the hammer is of the newer design.
QUOTE]

I agree. The price seems a bit much to me for a used one. I only paid a couple of bucks more at the local LGS for new 75B out the door. I'm thinking $350 tops for an older model in excellent condition.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Thanks for the input. Should have known better considering where its for sale at. At least I didnt make a mistake.
At least you're looking in the right direction for value on a high quality metal framed 9mm. I recently purchased a barely used 75B Duotone for $450. It shoots as good as it looks. Perfectly balanced, I do not notice that 4.7" barrel. I don't like the rear sight as well as my XDm Compact, but I am getting used to it.

+1 to what Rykko says above.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts