Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Like all products that attach to rails, this mount is a bit tight. Beyond that, it is perfect (color, shape, size, weight, retention). Because this mount can also fits on rifles with rails, the possibilities for this mount are endless. The length of your light will determine how far back the mount can slide on the rails. Because of how it fits, I have no concerns that it will come loose. :)

Old School

http://www.pistol-gear.com/proddetail.php?prod=60LS

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
It doesn't look like the locking lug is engaged with the notch at the end of the frame? That particular light appear like it will hit the trigger guard before the lug lock in place.

mcb

·
Super Moderator
8,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Correct on all fronts. The mount would lock into the groove if I slide the light up. If I do that, I won't be able to turn it on. As I mentioned, this thing is tight and the lock-bar would not do much more to keep it on. It is a lot like the LaserLyte mount. With or without the lock lug, the mount is staying put. A little light sanding on the mount would help this, if someone has a problem with it.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
I would think it would be neat to get one of these mount and put one of those cheap bullet cameras in the mount and then shoot an IPSC or IDPA style match recording the 'gun camera' video. Not sure if the camera would survive the recoil and beating it would take but if it did I bet that would be some cool looking video.

Just a hair brain idea I might have to try.
mcb

1 - 5 of 5 Posts