Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reading a LOT of things about the Taurus line of handguns...revolvers and semis...and seems like there are many people who swear these guns are little more than a paper weight. :rolleyes: I was stunned to see how many people say these guns are junk. I don't have a whole lot of experience with them but used to own one of their revolvers in .357 (gave the .357 to my little brother for his first gun) :cool: and currently own the PT101P .40. I love this weapon and if it were not so large I would use it as a carry gun without a second thought. I would estimate that I have fired 5-6000 rounds through this weapon with not one problem. I keep it clean, as I do all my guns and take proper care of it and it has served me well. I would not hesitate to purchase another and in fact have been looking at the other Taurus semis that are the Berreta "knock offs". IMO these are a quality firearm at a more than reasonable price!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I currently own a PT24/7 PRO DS .40 and I feel the exact same way you do. As much as I can drool over the very expensive and exotic guns out there.. I tend to think that the Taurus is a great gun for the money ( and more! ). My 24/7 is dependable and easy to maintain. My next gun(s) to buy definately include a PT101 (Beretta 96 clone/knockoff).

Taurus's get a bad rap-- and that needs to stop.

Analogy-

I can't stand Ford vehicles.. ugly and underpowered to me- BUT I can acknowledge that for the most part, Fords are as dependable as most any other vehicles out there.. I'll still keep my Hemi. ;)

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My 24/7 is dependable and easy to maintain. My next gun(s) to buy definately include a PT101 (Beretta 96 clone/knockoff).
I agree with you here! This is a very simple gun to maintain and has been extreamly dependable. As I said, contrary to what I have been reading I would use this for a carry gun unquestioned if it were a little smaller.

As for purchasing the PT101...strongly suggested! This gun has been 100% from the day I got it..btw I paid $275.00 for it on sale, best 275.00 I have spent in a very long time! :)

·
Registered
660 Posts
I have own different Taurus's over many many years and to date have only had problems with 2 of them. Thats not bad considering over the years I might have owned a total of 20 Taurus's. I currently own a PT1911 in .38 Super and a PT92 AFS. Love them both. I have always wanted to shoot a PT 100 or 101 but for some reason never got around to it. JR

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where did you find a pt101 for $275? I am very interested!
It was a display model at a local shop...they were no longer going to carry the model and all the stock was gone. Had the one in the display and I snagged it up...275.00 + bg check. :D Has been an awsome handgun is all I can say.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
If you are such a fan of the polymers, I have three 24/7's you are welcome to buy. Two 9mm and a .45

I do like their revolvers though.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you are such a fan of the polymers, I have three 24/7's you are welcome to buy. Two 9mm and a .45

I do like their revolvers though.
LOL...take it your not a fan?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts