Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried the Taurus Copper Bullets, Hex Bullets? This is one nasty looking Hollow point. Let me know what you think.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

·
Registered
29,759 Posts
I've got a couple boxes. It's loaded by PMC using Hodgdon powder and a Barnes bullet (at least, that's what I remember the box saying...).

They shoot OK, open up into something really wicked...but I prefer Gold Dots and TAP for carry.

I'm pretty sure it's not made anymore, but Cor-Bon DPX is pretty much the same thing

·
Registered
306 Posts
I've got a couple boxes. It's loaded by PMC using Hodgdon powder and a Barnes bullet (at least, that's what I remember the box saying...).

They shoot OK, open up into something really wicked...but I prefer Gold Dots and TAP for carry.

I'm pretty sure it's not made anymore, but Cor-Bon DPX is pretty much the same thing
the DPXs are loaded a bit hotter than the Taurus Hex.. otherwise, it's essentially the same cartridge..

·
Registered
590 Posts
Friends do not let friends buy Taurus products.....:mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
I highly suspect these are made by Federal or Remington or "a real ammunition maker" and only marketed by Taurus.

Since they're marketed by Taurus, G&A isn't gonna let on that any other possibility exists.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Yea, whatever. I've got 2 of them, a model 92 and a .357 revolver. I have had them both for 20 years, yes I said 20 years and I have never ever ever once had an issue of any sort. No FTF, no NTF, no FTE, no stove pipe. I have had a few of those with both of the XD45s that I own. So let's don't talk sh1t about sh1t we don't know anything about. Oh and sorry none of them have names

Cheers

·
Registered
36 Posts
amen brother. Had a PT145 for about 2 weeks...sold that thing for next to nothing. Inaccurate, failure to feed, (new ammo) just not my cup of tea. The only thing I can say positive about it is the size . Other than that ---JUNK. IMO:(. I did however have a .357 revolver model 66?maybe? years ago that was nice. BUT as for semi's I'd shy away from the PT145.

·
Registered
11,061 Posts

Cor-Bon DPX is still being made.

I have it for both my pistols and they do a good business in hunting ammo as well.

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
its not made anymore... I find a box or two at gun shows .. I will switch to gold dot or something when I run out of taurus for my carry ammo cycles.

·
Registered
29,759 Posts
Cor-Bon DPX is still being made.

I have it for both my pistols and they do a good business in hunting ammo as well.
Sorry--I meant the Taurus ammo isn't being made anymore.

It was decent stuff, but I prefer heavier weight bullets.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts