Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,855 Posts
I say go for it. another gun in the arsenel is never a bad idea. i like my 24/7 in 9mm

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That was kinda my thought, I don't have a .40 so i figured it would be fine to sling some lead with and if I don't like I cold always sell it off.

I have read so many conflicting reviews of it about reliability though.

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
welcome to the forum. is this going to be your first pistol? if so, you might think about spending the extra $100 or so and find a slightly used xd. or better yet, hit up a range and shoot a few different guns and see what you like.

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
For not much more, Summit will sell you a factory used Glock 22 with 3 mags or an Italian made Beretta Cougar 40 with night sites and 2 mags for 300 bucks.

Two better 40s, if you ask me....for about the same outlay of cash.

I'd skip the Taurus...but thats just me.

- Brickboy240

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For not much more, Summit will sell you a factory used Glock 22 with 3 mags or an Italian made Beretta Cougar 40 with night sites and 2 mags for 300 bucks.

Two better 40s, if you ask me....for about the same outlay of cash.

I'd skip the Taurus...but thats just me.

- Brickboy240
I already have a Beretta and am not a fan of the Glocks.

·
Premium Member
3,855 Posts
man if it fits well in the hands and shoots strait go for it. the truth is taurus used to be iffy on certain things, but they have fixed a lot of the problems over the years. make your own opinion of the gun don't give too much into what everyone says.

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
If you're so inclined go for it. Ya never know, they could land a big contract and become all the rage. The new ones are kind of interesting in a way I suppose. The guy behind the counter was bored the last time I was in and kept dry firing at the floor with one. That whole second strike capability is an interesting concept, unimportant but interesting. I guess their logic is to actuate hard primers, but it seems like a waste of time to un-train yourself to not clear a misfire.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts