Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to put a longer stock on my AK. As much as I love the beautiful wood that currently adorns my baby, it's a little rough when the receiver cover keeps hitting my cheekbone.

NATO length wood stocks seem to be impossible to find so I'm going to suck it up and go plastic.

... which leaves me with the choice of extendable stocks.

what are your thoughts on the T6 vs. StrikeForce collapsible stocks?

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
i think K-var has a warsaw length stock forsale. its just black plastic none of the tactcal stuff.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, but I've read that the collapsible ones can go an extra 1/2-3/4" over the NATO length. I'm very tall and this might make a huge difference.

·
Registered
77 Posts
The Tapco are a complete and utter waste of money, unless this is for looks only. I don't know about the ATI folder for the AK, but the collapseable I have on my shotgun is pretty weak. ACE has a robust, military grade stock adapter and that gives you some nice options for different stocks. They are more expensive, but you get what you pay for.

Ed

·
Registered
614 Posts
The Tapco are a complete and utter waste of money, unless this is for looks only. I don't know about the ATI folder for the AK, but the collapseable I have on my shotgun is pretty weak. ACE has a robust, military grade stock adapter and that gives you some nice options for different stocks. They are more expensive, but you get what you pay for.

Ed
Why do you say Tapco is junk? Do you have any experience with them?

·
Premium Member
9,171 Posts
I'm looking to put a longer stock on my AK. As much as I love the beautiful wood that currently adorns my baby, it's a little rough when the receiver cover keeps hitting my cheekbone.

NATO length wood stocks seem to be impossible to find
no they aren't...
AKpage

·
Registered
77 Posts
Why do you say Tapco is junk? Do you have any experience with them?
Yeah. Had one on my first AK and it was cheap crap. Poor fit into the receiver and the pitiful screw that held it in would rattle loose after a couple of mags.

Worthless for anything other than airsoft guns. Certainly not a good option for anything you plan to use for self defense.

Ed

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Tapco=Crapco for the most part. Their furniture is pretty flimsy. About the only product of theirs I like is the G2 FCG.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Interesting.. I know several people with them including myself and never heard of a problem until now. I just can't justify the outrageous cost of buying a 'quality' butt stock.

·
Premium Member
9,171 Posts
Interesting.. I know several people with them including myself and never heard of a problem until now. I just can't justify the outrageous cost of buying a 'quality' butt stock.
I don't understand what you mean by outrageous...:confused:...and you get what you pay for.

Hmmm, Tapco T6 butt stock is $50 plus shipping...
Ironwood butt stock, $40 plus shipping

Tapco furniture set, $99
Ironwood $88-$111
K-var polymer sets (NATO LENGTH) start at $102.99

·
Registered
614 Posts
I don't understand what you mean by outrageous...:confused:...and you get what you pay for.

Hmmm, Tapco T6 butt stock is $50 plus shipping...
Ironwood butt stock, $40 plus shipping

Tapco furniture set, $99
Ironwood $88-$111
K-var polymer sets (NATO LENGTH) start at $102.99
Sorry, I was referring to the real expensive collapsible stocks. Like in the $250 range.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts