·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
nalioth said:
They are very much a commercial grade product.
commercial or milspec is referring to the diameter of the extension

MMMkay.

Tapco is crap compared to milspec, whichever specification you want to compare it to.

Dunno nothing about extension diameters, just quality.

·
Registered
359 Posts
MMMkay.

Tapco is crap compared to milspec, whichever specification you want to compare it to.

Dunno nothing about extension diameters, just quality.
No offense, but if you don't even know the difference between milspec and commercial stocks, you're hardly the best authority on the subject.

Tapco tubes are Commercial Spec.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
No offense, but if you don't even know the difference between milspec and commercial stocks, you're hardly the best authority on the subject.

Tapco tubes are Commercial Spec.
If you have to start out your post with an apology, why say anything?

I apologize for not knowing the secret-AR15-club words that have multiple meanings. I'm sure a whole lot of people don't know.

Tapco stuff is not made to military specification. It's the cheapest stuff they can squeeze out of an extruder. They know that the vast majority of their customers are not gonna use their products anywhere close to the breaking point, and the ones that do, well, there's that lifetime warranty. Try to have fun with no gun while they're replacing it for you.

Milspec stuff may be provided by the lowest bidder, but it still has to meet performance standards outlined in the specification.

I am happy to have been the goat in your game of "I know more AR15 buzzwords than you", 'cause now more folks can learn from this and play the game with their friends.

·
Registered
441 Posts

I apologize for not knowing the secret-AR15-club words that have multiple meanings. I'm sure a whole lot of people don't know.

Tapco stuff is not made to military specification. It's the cheapest stuff they can squeeze out of an extruder. They know that the vast majority of their customers are not gonna use their products anywhere close to the breaking point, and the ones that do, well, there's that lifetime warranty. Try to have fun with no gun while they're replacing it for you.

Milspec stuff may be provided by the lowest bidder, but it still has to meet performance standards outlined in the specification.

I am happy to have been the goat in your game of "I know more AR15 buzzwords than you", 'cause now more folks can learn from this and play the game with their friends.

I am so very sorry, but this post is hillarious! Seens how all you do around here is police the Ak-47 area, watching for people who do not know all the AK buzz words, so you can rudely call them on it. This is truely the pot calling the kettle black!!

BK

·
Registered
359 Posts
It wasn't an apology, it was a warning not to take offense at it. You didn't know what you were talking about, yet you opened your mouth. I was simply reminding you that you're maybe not the best authority on it.

It's not super-secret. That was my point. If you don't know something as basic as the difference between mil-spec and commercial buffer tubes, you clearly don't know enough about the subject at hand to comment.

It's got nothing to do with quality, its a matter of size. Some people PREFER the Commercial buffer/stock size. Again, you didn't know what you were talking about.

When someone refers to Milspec buffers/stocks, they're ONLY talking about the OD of the tube. Nothing more.

That wasn't the game at all. It appears to be the game YOU were playing, but not the game anybody else was playing.

A guy asked a question, and you jumped in and answered a completely different question, without actually telling him anything he needed to know. All in an attempt to appear to know more than you did.

Everybody else was playing the 'help the guy who asked the question, get a real and useful answer' game. It's fun, you should try it!

Again, I didn't set out to hurt your feelings. Just to remind you that you ought to make sure you understand the subject matter, before you open your yapper.

It's unfortunate that you decided to get all bent out of shape about it. :-|

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
I'd agree that's "commercial" as well.

On a side note, why is it that some people have to insist that "Mil-Spec" means it is simply the best? It's not black and white by any means. The government sets specifications for everything that is produced for them, even cans of green beans. It doesn't mean it's the best way of doing things by any means. The government knows there is better things out there but it gets to a point where they have to calculate what will be cost effective for them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts