Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Photos sent to me by a member of our local gun club. This fellow only shoots factory ammunition so the failure cannot be attributed to reloaded ammunition. He was lucky to find it while he was cleaning it rather than shooting it.

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That would of been embarrassing when half the slide landed three lanes down at that range
Having the other half sticking out of your forehead would definitely be embarrassing.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I've heard of a kel-tec p-11 doing that. Hit the guy in the lip and sliced his lip and cheek pretty good. Danger Danger Danger! As the croc hunter would say.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
When it comes to firearms - Good ain't cheap and cheap ain't good.

·
Premium Member
127,718 Posts
Wow! :shock: I have a .40S&W and have had no problems with it whatsoever.

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
I've always read that if thinking of going with a Tangfolio made gun, to just go with the CZ. I've followed that rule and would suggest your friend do the same.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've always read that if thinking of going with a Tangfolio made gun, to just go with the CZ. I've followed that rule and would suggest your friend do the same.

The only Tangfolio gun I ever thought about was their 10mm Hunter longslide. I wish CZ made a 10!!!! I have a 75b and love it!!

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Having the other half sticking out of your forehead would definitely be embarrassing.
IIRD the US military had this happen with one of their handguns, I think it was an M9 (Barretta 92) and the shooter was killed.

It's why it's simply good practice to look over any gun you shoot closely at every cleaning. It's also why I don't consider cleaning every 100 rounds excessive. Better to catch a failure starting than have a chunk of the gun hitting you in the head.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Love, LOVE JB weld. Just shoot it continuously in the mean time. Might weld itself together if it get's hot enough. Looks like anodized aluminum.

jk

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Wow I heard of that happening with the 10mm's but not the 9's. I was going to have a different sight cut done to my Elite Match, but, was told the metal was too hard to even mess with. Must have been something else going on with that slide. Maybe some type of imperfection in the metal. My 40 has over 5000 rounds through it and has been solid.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts