Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright y'all, someone talk to me about the CZ P-07 (formally known as the CZ P-07 Duty.)

I went to my LGS yesterday and started talking about my recent interest in DA/SA pistols and how I've owned every brand of striker fire under the sun. He then pulled out a few hammer-fired pistols. I really do not want to spend a fortune on something like a HK or Sig, BUT I do graduate from Auburn on Sunday so I feel the need to "celebrate."

Anyone have one? Good/Bad? Is it concealable for carry? Etc Etc Etc.

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Alright y'all, someone talk to me about the CZ P-07 (formally known as the CZ P-07 Duty.)

I went to my LGS yesterday and started talking about my recent interest in DA/SA pistols and how I've owned every brand of striker fire under the sun. He then pulled out a few hammer-fired pistols. I really do not want to spend a fortune on something like a HK or Sig, BUT I do graduate from Auburn on Sunday so I feel the need to "celebrate."

Anyone have one? Good/Bad? Is it concealable for carry? Etc Etc Etc.
I had the CZ P9 and I currently have a CZ 75, love CZ's. If you like the feel of Sig triggers you will like CZ's, my P9 was the polymer Sig should have made. The hammer fired polymer CZ line has excellent triggers and are really nice guns at a fantastic price.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Pretty sweet looking but thats all I know. I looked at these when I got my XDM.

·
Banned
2,879 Posts
The P-09 is the full size version of the P-07. Both have the new Omega trigger system where CZ simplified the lockwork of the 75s. You can also convert either from decockers to manual safety (parts included) cocked and locked. I have a P-01 that is similar in size and in a bout 15 years of pursuing .40 S&W accuracy with my handloads, a CZ 75B in .40 turned out to be the most accurate .40 I ever fired and that includes a great many of them. With the interchangeable backstaraps you can configure the grip for your particular hand and one of them will give the same grip shape as a 75. At their prices, these pistols are real sleepers and I wouldn't hesitate to own the P-07 or the P-09. ;)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Fondeled one at my local Gander a month ago and loved it. The quality seemed really nice as well as the fit in my hand. Plan on eventually owning one myself down the road, just a couple of others ahead of this one.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's down to the CZ or the FNX-9, I'm torn y'all.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I really do not want to spend a fortune on something like a HK or Sig
You don't have to. The SIG SP2022 is also a really nice poly frame DA/SA pistol that is extremely popular. Usually can be found at around $450 range or even less if you buy online.

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
It's down to the CZ or the FNX-9, I'm torn y'all.
I don't think there's a wrong answer between those 2 guns. The only reason I don't own an FNX in 45 is I haven't found one at a good price. FNX's are very nice guns and the ones I've shot had great triggers and were darn accurate. A less expensive version of an HK45 that's just not quite as good.

Your dilemma is should you pay more for the FNX than the CZ and that's your call. Both are good guns.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Get a CZ 75b, a little heavier but with a better trigger.

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Get one of these and separate yourself from the crowd:
Grand Power

It's exactly what I'm doing once I have a bit of extra spending money.
Interesting, have you seen or shot one? Is it a CZ clone or a whole new design?

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Get a CZ 75b, a little heavier but with a better trigger.
Buds has a black one for 537. Buds ticks me off regularly but that's a good price.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
I've held one at a store and dryfired the hell out of it - it's a heck of a pistol with a great trigger for that price.

No shooting impressions yet...

Here's some backstory and design info:
The Slovakian Grand Power K100 9mm Service Pistol - Practical Handgun

If I get one, I'll post up what I think of it.
I almost snagged an STI (mk 6 model) a few months ago at the gun show, kinda regret it. It was in excellent condition and priced right. I'll be watching for your thoughts.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Buds has a black one for 537. Buds ticks me off regularly but that's a good price.
Yeah, I'm not enamored with Bud's, but they do seem to have great prices from time to time.

On good Friday they had the 75 BD for $470. I'm a decocker nerd and decided finally to get it, but was busy all weekend, so I waited until Monday to "seal the deal". Well, Monday's price was $545. I emailed the to ask about the severe price increase and pointed out there was no mention of $470 being a sale price, or changing soon....the response was that the prices change all the time based on what their replacement cost will be. Seems odd that a retailer of firearms and accessories would operate more like the stock market.

Bottom line, I'm looking constantly to find it again around that $470 mark.

I considered the P09, but I need an all metal gun right now...you know, just to set the universe right again.

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Yeah, I'm not enamored with Bud's, but they do seem to have great prices from time to time.

On good Friday they had the 75 BD for $470. I'm a decocker nerd and decided finally to get it, but was busy all weekend, so I waited until Monday to "seal the deal". Well, Monday's price was $545. I emailed the to ask about the severe price increase and pointed out there was no mention of $470 being a sale price, or changing soon....the response was that the prices change all the time based on what their replacement cost will be. Seems odd that a retailer of firearms and accessories would operate more like the stock market.

Bottom line, I'm looking constantly to find it again around that $470 mark.

I considered the P09, but I need an all metal gun right now...you know, just to set the universe right again.
I'll keep my eyes peeled for you. I shot my CZ75 again today, bone stock and it's barely less accurate than my Sig X5 at half the price. Awesome guns.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Can't speak for anyone else's P07 or P09.

I just had mine to the range today with my M&P FS .357 SIG and 9MM guns. My M&P's shoot better groups than my Glock M31.

Well, the P07 shoots rings around the M&Ps. I'm loving it. It shoots better groups than my 5.25" XDM in 9MM. I'd have to take the 3.8" XDM 9MM to the range and do a "shoot off" with the P07 (.40 S&W). My 3.8 XDM shoots better than my 5.25" XDM.

My next gun will be a P09 in 9MM. If it shoots as good as the P07, the 5.25" XDM is getting traded off on something.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts