Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... making this a 308 win, SBR hog slayer. I had intended on putting an 18" barrel and finishing it as medium range weapon but I find myself really draw towards ditching the handguard pictured for a 15" version covering a cmmg 13.5" barrel with a flaming pig poking out. Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
I'd rather talk you into letting me shoot it when you're done.

It will have to be at your place though, because our new law would require a background check if you handed it to me here. :(

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Go all the way SBR and a suppressor. Hogs won't hear the kill shot.

8)8)8)

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
It can be done, but I think the question is should it be done?

If you decide to SBR it, forget about getting rid of the rifle if you find you don't like it. It will be a concussive beast, and I believe some manufacturers won't warranty suppressors on barrels less than 16" - I know Gemtech doesnt, Griffin Armament is 14.5", and SilencerCo is at 12" for their SpecWar and Saker cans

·
Premium Member
8,307 Posts
You have to build it.........:smile:

·
Administrator
22,442 Posts
Is it built yet?

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
Ugh, 7.62 from a 13" barrel? The only positive I can think of is since it's an AR you can fix it once you realize what you've done.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ugh, 7.62 from a 13" barrel? The only positive I can think of is since it's an AR you can fix it once you realize what you've done.
Explain. Keep in mind that this would probably be a 25 yard and in wild hog rifle.

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
Explain. Keep in mind that this would probably be a 25 yard and in wild hog rifle.
Ah that's different.
It'll be cheaper to run since with a 7.62 you can just shoot blanks and BURN everything to death within that range.
7.62 is NOT a SBR round, but it ain't my money, flame on bro.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts