Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So since the ban on 7n6 kinda burst my Ak74 bubble, I started going down my list of wants and came across a 45 acp carbine. A bit of Googling later put me on the Bazooka Brothers website. There stuff is really pushing me to start some NFA paperwork for a SBR and a suppressor down the road. I am really liking the option to use a lot of standard AR parts with their kits, which was one of the things keeping me away from the DDLES kits. Opinions?

·
Registered
632 Posts
There stuff is really pushing me to start some NFA paperwork for a SBR and a suppressor down the road. I am really liking the option to use a lot of standard AR parts with their kits, which was one of the things keeping me away from the DDLES kits. Opinions?
Have you considered just building it as a pistol and buying the Sig stabilizing brace? cheaper to start, and you can use it immediately. That way you can spend money on the "funner" part, the suppressor first, then later spend money on a real stock to make it a SBR

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have you considered just building it as a pistol and buying the Sig stabilizing brace? cheaper to start, and you can use it immediately. That way you can spend money on the "funner" part, the suppressor first, then later spend money on a real stock to make it a SBR
Meh... Not much love for the Sig brace on my end, I've got the patience for the paperwork.

·
Registered
4,999 Posts
Parts familiarity, philosophy of use, customization, lack of a factory threaded barrel, not much room so SBR it without drastically modifying the stock, and it only holds eight rounds.
Well I tried.

:smile:

·
Registered
19,988 Posts
There are plenty of other good 45acp carbines out there that don't have the shortcomings of the CX.

If you are looking for a subsonic SBR in AR, 300blk strikes me as the best available option. Most of your AR45 pros over the CX are enhanced by running 300blk over 45acp.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There are plenty of other good 45acp carbines out there that don't have the shortcomings of the CX.

If you are looking for a subsonic SBR in AR, 300blk strikes me as the best available option. Most of your AR45 pros over the CX are enhanced by running 300blk over 45acp.
I like 300Blk, except for the price, and lack of available ammo.

·
Registered
19,988 Posts
I expect the 300blk ammo availability and price to only get better in the future, and it should be cheap to reload.
You could get into reloading for far less than the price of the planned gun.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Kriss

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
GTFO with your Glock mags and no stock. :)

I really like the 300Blk, but I find it hard to believe it will ever be as available, affordable as 45 acp.

·
Registered
19,988 Posts
GTFO with your Glock mags and no stock. :)

I really like the 300Blk, but I find it hard to believe it will ever be as available, affordable as 45 acp.
I doubt it too (and neither will be as affordable as 22lr :roll:), but it fits the platform much better.

·
Registered
632 Posts
what does moving have to do with it? serious question...
ATF notification every time you move to a new state since you can't just take NFA items across state lines. Pain in the a$$ when you move every 2 years or so for school/career

Sent from my Galaxy S5

·
Registered
632 Posts
how much notice do you get? surely it doesn't take months to get a form 20 back...
I am not sure, as I haven't done it, since I currently live in a NFA-free state (IA... another issue for me: worrying the Navy career will put me in another one down the road). I still do want to get a suppressor when I move to MO (in a month) but I will have to get more info on the moving aspect.

Sent from my Galaxy S5

1 - 20 of 24 Posts