Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am feeling kinda low about my XD9 purchase because right after I bought it the XDm 9mm came out. I know the XD9 is a great gun, but you know how it is when something better comes out...especially less than a week after your purchase. I am assuming I can't return the XD9, even though I haven't used it....it seems most stores only have a 3 day check period.

Should I feel so bad about this? Has anyone ever heard of local shop (not an internet store) that has like a 30 day return policy?

·
Registered
7,623 Posts
I doubt they will return it for what you paid....they will more than like buy it back from you cheaper. I'd just keep the one you have, there is nothing wrnog with it.

Or you could just buy the M and keep both...

·
Registered
329 Posts
no sir i have not heard of a 30 day return policy. although i will tell you that when i fondeled the xdm 40 i was not very impressed with the up grades. yeah the extra capacity is great and the back strap change is cool but the main reason i would have considered it was the trigger and i could not tell a noticeable difference from my xd 45. that being said my 45 shoots better than i do so the match barrel is not even a plus for me. i just could not see paying the xtra dough for the trigger that was supposed to be better but wasn't. if that didn't help then maybe since it hasn't been shot you could ttrade it at the store for full value, just maybe. it is worth a try. good luck.
vince

·
Registered
411 Posts
Both gun's are awesome, you can't go wrong with either of them. Just keep the XD9 you won't regret it.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'm in a similar boat but not exactly. I have the XD .40 Service and about a month after I bought my gun the XD(m) 40 came out. I've held both guns but I haven't shot the M yet. I was a little pissed off as you are, but I have been thinking of dumping my .40 for the 9mm XDm. I think I'm just going to live with my decision and save up for the M. Thats me though. You still have a great gun in your XD9, and unless you can somehow find a XDm for around $525 like some people have I don't think its worth your potential loss on turn around.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The return policy at the shops I frequent, at least from my experience, is nonexistent. I bought a Kimber Ultra Carry CDP and brought it back four days later after my wife said she wouldn't shoot it. An $1,100 gun got me $750 which I used to buy the XD and an LCP. A tough lesson to learn for sure.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
The return policy at the shops I frequent, at least from my experience, is nonexistent. I bought a Kimber Ultra Carry CDP and brought it back four days later after my wife said she wouldn't shoot it. An $1,100 gun got me $750 which I used to buy the XD and an LCP. A tough lesson to learn for sure.
+1. Most shops I frequent have a you bought it, it is yours policy.

What you are feeling is called "Buyer's Remorse"

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
So I am feeling kinda low about my XD9 purchase because right after I bought it the XDm 9mm came out. I know the XD9 is a great gun, but you know how it is when something better comes out...especially less than a week after your purchase. I am assuming I can't return the XD9, even though I haven't used it....it seems most stores only have a 3 day check period.

Should I feel so bad about this? Has anyone ever heard of local shop (not an internet store) that has like a 30 day return policy?

The XDM isn't really better than the XD, it's just different. I personally like the feel of the old style XD better. The only thing I'd want from the XDM is the sights, which are a big improvement over the regular ones.

Look at it this way, you can always get 18 round mags from Mecgar.

Mec-Gar Springfield XD 9mm 18RD Flush Fit Magazine - AFC - Top Gun Supply

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I know all about buyers remorse! I agonize over these kinds of decisions! My feelings about it really depend on how just how much better the M series is, which seems a mixed bag of opinions.

Just out of curiosity, what is the buyback value of used firearms, the XD9 in particular? Mine has Night Sights too. I probably won't trade it in now, but down the road.....

·
Registered
552 Posts
I would be happy with my purchase as I am. Since I bought my XD 9 Tac about 2 months before the XDm came out.
The XD 9mm is a fine gun and worth the investment. I am keeping mine and will be purchasing the XDm 9mm to compliment the XD.

There is nothing wrong with having two very good guns.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Yeah I know all about buyers remorse! I agonize over these kinds of decisions! My feelings about it really depend on how just how much better the M series is, which seems a mixed bag of opinions.

Just out of curiosity, what is the buyback value of used firearms, the XD9 in particular? Mine has Night Sights too. I probably won't trade it in now, but down the road.....
Price completely depends on your local market and what people are willing to pay. Check places like GunBroker.com and GunsAmerica.com for prices on used guns.

Price also depends on if you are doing a face to face transaction, a consignment sale through a shop, or selling it to a shop. You are typically better off FTF than you are consignment than you are a straight sell to a shop.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I would be happy with my purchase as I am. Since I bought my XD 9 Tac about 2 months before the XDm came out.
The XD 9mm is a fine gun and worth the investment. I am keeping mine and will be purchasing the XDm 9mm to compliment the XD.

There is nothing wrong with having two very good guns.

I'd love to have both (though if I kept the xd9, I would probably get the XDM 40 cal) Convincing my wife to let me keep 2 guns in the house is another story. I am new to owning a gun, and it took a while for her to accept 1 in the house. Now logically, how having 2 is more dangerous than 1 I don't understand. But I do understand "happy wife=happy life." So I need to get her to be more comfortable before I can buy another.

·
Registered
902 Posts
My local dealer usually sells new stuff pretty cheap and is where I sourced my SC9 2 years ago before the SA combat carry action and Heinie straight-8 NS conversion. I paid around $430-440 w/3 mags before tax IIRC and before the approx $230 to SA. When I picked the XD(M)-9 up I asked about value of the SC was told it is worth about $250 to them and about $389 to an end user in their shop. It has been carried but is basically perfect with one tiny light scratch (not all the way through) on the left side of the slide and few thousand flawless rounds of 124+P GDHP thru it.

They advised me to keep it, but (1) I have half the cost of the gun in custom work invested, (2) a fair bit of range time on it+trust it completely, and (3) it's a lot smaller than the 'm'.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
You and I seem to be living on the same curve, just at opposite ends.

I absolutely love the original XD. I would actually rather it over the XDm. I am waiting for the XDm to really take hold in the market in hopes that the prices of the original XD's will drop.

I am currently on the market for a used XD9 Service (preferably with alot of finish wear as it will be refinished anyway) so I can save some money on my upcoming game gun build.

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
Don't let your satisfaction with a product be determined by whether or not there is a new "latest and greatest" out there. The XDm does nothing for me, and just because it's newer doesn't mean it's better. A marketing company wants you to think like that.

But at least show some initiative, and call the dealer and ask them if they'll trade.

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
A marketing company wants you to think like that.
There has been an awful low of marketing for the M. It takes up every other full-page in 3/4 of the gun magazines I've seen for the past months. THAT has to raise the price of the gun significantly!

:confused:

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
After I looked at the M, I wasn't too impressed.. keep yours. Let all the bugs get worked out of the M.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
It's tough, the same thing happened to me with the XDm 40. I love my XD40, but sometimes I find myself staring at the XDm...

One thing you can do is get these: PISTOLGEAR | YOUR ONE-STOP SHOP FOR ALL SPRINGFIELD XD

To me, the capacity is one of the biggest benefits of the XDm. With those extensions you'll have 21-round mags in your XD9! Most XD9s will already shoot better than the user can, so I'm not all that impressed with the need for a "match" barrel, plus the XDm is overall a larger piece.

·
Registered
555 Posts
The only thing I like about the XDM is the stock sites and added mag capacity.

I don't like the looks of the grip and a trigger job on the regular XD beats the trigger on the M out of the box so thats not an issue with me.

So for me the stock sites and added mag capacity aren't enough to trade in my XD for the M. Now if I was in the market for another XD in 9 or 40 I might consider it, depending on price, but just because something new and different comes out doesn't mean the "old" model is obsolete.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts