Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a XD 9mm 4in service. I installed the pistolgear one piece buffer spring and rod. Now I can not field strip my firearm. Has anybody came across this problem before. I don't want to take it to a gunsmith and find out it was something very simple to do. Thank you for your time.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have tried what he said to do and the slide will not come off. The slide release will go up and the weapon will fire also. After I move the slide forward and pull the trigger, it gets stuck. I have tried to hammer it off also. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
There's another sticky at the top of this area that might be of help. "Barrel ramp jammed on locking block" try that one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Success!!! Thank you for the sticky to the barrel jam. That wasn't the problem but it gave me an idea. I pushed really hard and hammered it on the ground. The recoil spring was broken and catching on the inside. Will Don send me another you think?

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
I don't think Don sells springs,but I could be wrong. It sounds like your spring was too long and not fit correctly if it broke. That generally only happens when the coils are overly compressed and binding on themselves.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts