Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this forum. I have owned a GP-100 .357 for 10-12 years. I'm not an avid shooter but am thinking about shooting a little more often in the future and think I want to buy an SA XD-40 or XD 9X19mm. It will be used for fun shooting. The problem is that I like the extra length (and thus accuracy) of the tactical models, but the prefer the looks of the Bi-Tone. Any chance the "tactical" will be available in Bi-Tone any time soon?

Or am I just too ignorant of "tactical" weapons uses to realize it's "dumb" to want a Bi-Tone Tactical gun? (sometimes there really are "dumb" questions)

This is a great site. Thanks to all of you who contribute. I've learned a lot here.

jim

·
Registered
539 Posts
I just checked my springfield catalog and yea... unfortunately, the only 5" tactical bi-tone is the .45 GAP. No .40 or 9mm in bitone tactical. Its possible that SA may in teh future extend their line to include one in teh future, but i haven't heard of any such news yet... i would call up SA and see what they have to say. Who knows what they might say.

On a side note, i have the bi-tone service model in a .40sw and i love it.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I would get the 4" Service in 9mm Bi-tone. Reasons being, most shooters have expressed that the 5" model is not hughly accurate over the 4" as the 4" shoots great already. 9MM well becuase its cheapper to shoot if its just for fun, I am gonna pick up a 9mm conversion barrel for my 40 for this very reasson, 100 rds of 40 S&W is $16 for me, 200 rds of 9mm is $20-thats twice the fun for only $4 more. And finaly facory Bi-Tone because well its Stainless and Stainless is nice cuase if you mange to put a nice scratch in it, its still stainles sunderneath--lol.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought about this today and had reached the same conclusion as suggested by Corey G above. I'm going to get the Service Model, XD9301HC Bi-Tone, in the 9x19mm. If I later decide that i want another gun, perhaps SA will be offering a Tactical (5") model XD-40 in Bi-Tone by then. All in all, that's probably the smartest move since a major driving-force in this purchase is to get my wife to shoot some.

Thanks for all the help.

jim

·
Registered
34 Posts
This isn't related to the finish, but I really thought that the tactical .40 I fired at the range had unpleasant recoil, whereas I find my .40 service very pleasant to shoot.

Maybe it's just me.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I really like my Tactical .40. If you want a bi-tone do like I'm going to do. Send it to Tripp Research, or Fords or some of the other many refinishers to do a hard chrome on the slide. I think Tripp will do it for less than $90.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts