Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my XD-9 Tactical after installing the Barsto magwell and Trugrips. I really love the Trugrips. The Magwell still needs some tweaking for the newer frames. I'm waiting on a new insert from Irv. As it stands now it will not stay securely on the weapon in action. I ran 200 rounds through it at lunch today and the Magwell came loose every couple of mags. I'm sure they will fix this right away.






 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,244 Posts
Just one picture!? :shock: You have a cool new magazine well, bump pads and all the other stuff and you give us one picture? Come on give us some good close ups with and without the magazine fully inserted. :D

Great looking gun!
mcb
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
8,970 Posts
It offers a very cool look to an "ordinary" gun. You can use any color, for the accents. the rest of the gun is has a brush steel look (see picture above).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
802 Posts
Old School said:
It offers a very cool look to an "ordinary" gun. You can use any color, for the accents. the rest of the gun is has a brush steel look (see picture above).
What does it offer for protection?
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
8,970 Posts
It is KG GunKote; a color of your choice, and clear. The protection, generically, is better than the stock finish. Prehaps Aiformula and A_Med can share their thoughts, as they are two that I know have it. There are others.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
802 Posts
Old School said:
It is KG GunKote; a color of your choice, and clear. The protection, generically, is better than the stock finish. Prehaps Aiformula and A_Med can share their thoughts, as they are two that I know have it. There are others.
What would be the difference between this coat and CCR's?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you're wondering does it fit in the box the answer is yes. I don't have any precise measuring tools but using just a plain tape measure I get 5 and 13/16" tall by 1 and 1/2" thick which is less than the 6" by 1 and 5/8" required to fit in the box. It's close though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,948 Posts
Well How about I throw a picture in. A_Med I finally got what you mean about the screw hitting the really thin portion as you tighten the screw. As a fix what about shorting the set screw so it does not run into the front of the channel area. A hack saw will easilly make the screw shorter.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice. I like the way those Plus 2's look. Order pending ;-) I did shorten the screw James and it does help. I'm still looking forward to what Irv comes up with though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
ajamesp51 said:
Well How about I throw a picture in. A_Med I finally got what you mean about the screw hitting the really thin portion as you tighten the screw. As a fix what about shorting the set screw so it does not run into the front of the channel area. A hack saw will easilly make the screw shorter.

45LE? IS that a special for Law Enforcment?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
24,847 Posts
joeyc said:
More porn!

Glocks?...that would be amature porn! :lol:
Kidding, nice pair there!
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top