Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
127,795 Posts
If starting from scratch which XD .45 to get tactical or standard length??

It all depends on how you plan to use it. For home defense and carry I use my Service (4"). For IDPA and USPSA competition I use my Tactical (5").

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is that because of site radius or the shooting characteristic of a longer slide, heavier gun???
and does any one think XDM in .45?

·
Premium Member
127,795 Posts
Is that because of site radius or the shooting characteristic of a longer slide, heavier gun???
and does any one think XDM in .45?

Both actually. I don't have an XDm. My XDs are older.

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Tactical. Period.

Good Day!

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
As far as I know, the XDM isn't available yet in .45, and I haven't heard anything from SA concerning if and when this will be produced. Right now your only options are the The question is whether or not you plan on using this for conceal carry. The 4" will be a little easier to conceal, but if you're a big guy, an extra inch isn't such a big deal. I have a .45 Tactical on order and plan on carrying. I presently carry the XD-9 Service, and after a few minutes I can't hardly tell it's there. If you're comfortable carrying a 5" firearm concealed, go for it. It all comes down to personal preference. Your only options at this time for an XD .45 are the 4" or 5", compact or otherwise.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I like the overall feel of the tactical from a balance standpoint, and find it quite comfortable for CC. The way my seats are in my car I can hardly tell I'm packin.

·
Registered
78 Posts
If you are planning on shooting a huge amount, then I would go for the 5" hands down. I have not seen any difference in accuracy up close, but the longer sight radius seems to stand out past 25 yds. A tiny little more weight up front also makes a small difference in the follow up shot speed.

For concealed carry, the shorter barrel doesn't stick out under your jacket quite so easy.

I say get both, or in my case, all three. I have the compact, service, and compact 45. They make me smile every single time I get them out. Can't wait until tomorrow to shoot my tactical some more! Not even sure if I will bother with the 9mm.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts