Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to get either a tactical light or laser pointer to attatch to my new XD-40 Tactical. It would be nice to get of the light/laser combo's, but I don't feel like spending $260 for one. In a home defence situation, what is the better choice.....and why??

Thanks

·
Registered
347 Posts
I'm looking at the same decision and this is how I figure. I have a nice flashlight in the nightstand next to the gun, so the only real thing that would benefit me would be the addition of a laser dot to be more accurate in a high stress situation. Granted, the best of both worlds in the rather expensive light/laser combo's is the best option, I don't have that kind of cash to throw into it right now either. So I'll probably go with the laser personally, because, as I said before, I've already got a flashlight (handheld), so the bigger benefit is in the dot IMHO. :)

Matthew

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So what do you do when you want to holster that thing? Are you forced to take the laser off every time you want to holster it? Anyone make holsters that will accomidate the later? I like the quick release feature, any other brands have that feature?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I would like to buy one also.

What seems to be the best price for this baby.

The combo looks real big versus just the laser.

Ciao.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
imq707s said:
I would like to get either a tactical light or laser pointer to attatch to my new XD-40 Tactical. It would be nice to get of the light/laser combo's, but I don't feel like spending $260 for one. In a home defence situation, what is the better choice.....and why??

Thanks
Having a light is more important than having a laser.

A laser won't illuminate a target to reveal whether it's Mr. Criminal or your wife coming home late from work.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I found the laser only for 91 smacks. Laser for daytime use at the range.

New light for under the pillow at home...nice easy release seems effortless to swith between the 2 and the size is not a factor with the combo unit.

KGB

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
FYI, the LaserLyte will NOT fit the SD.

When, oh, when is SOMEONE going to make a laser that fits on the rail for an SD?

·
Registered
29 Posts
If you can find a laser sight that works in the day, I'll be awfully impressed. They are regulated by the FDA to under 5mw, which isn't enough outside in the day. If you have to choose between laser or light, go to the light :wink:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not trying to be a smart ass....but if it's daytime out and you can't see your laser dot.......what good is a flashlight going to do???

:lol:

·
Registered
347 Posts
imq707s said:
Not trying to be a smart ass....but if it's daytime out and you can't see your laser dot.......what good is a flashlight going to do???

:lol:
Good call! :) BTW, I bought one of those QD's, very nice, dead on (after minor adjustments), and very easy to operate. :) And yep, I have a 4D maglite as well, does the trick of illumination quite effectively.

Matthew

·
Registered
87 Posts
if you want to find a holster for your laser+gun combo, do what I did...make one. Take a normal holster, undo the threading, take a needle, and sow a new path....be creative. When I have time I will show what I did to my shoulder holster.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Old School said:
Hey what gives Old School. You don't have this light listed on your site and I don't see the Glock light/laser combo. Not selling it anymore or did you ever? I could have swore I saw it on your site tho.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts