Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wonder how most pack their light? On the weapon or what. I personally would rather have it on the weapon but not sure if they make holsters that would allow that. I have an XML and ordered an Streamlight M-3X the other day but don't have it yet. Any suggestions? :D

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
omegaic said:
You use the XML with the service?
Yeah I do right now. My local gunshop talked me into buying it. Like I said I now have a M-3x on the way.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope just one groove. I still slide it all the way back even though it doesn't lock in. Hasn't been a problem for me. I have read on here were some fellows cut another groove. I email Springfield last week and got a reply that all new Service and Tactical's will have two grooves. I have three XD Service Models and only the xd40 has two grooves.

·
Registered
209 Posts
While the light is an awsome tool, there are some limitations. It is excellent for home defense, however, if you can't readily holster it with light attached, much training is in order. For a duty or carry gun, I would be hesitant to mount the light unless the holster will acomodate it, as you never know when you will have to reholster with one hand in a hurry. However, to answer your question: There is a belt clip-type "holster" for the light itself made by Uncle Mike's. I was given one, but as I recall they are rather cheap. Good luck, MC

·
Registered
156 Posts
Blackhawk makes a belt platform that comes with a light carrier already attached. Mine carries a spare mag and my light, or it can be configured for 2 spare mags.

Did 27 miles on the Ozark Highland Trail last weekend with my XD-9 service and M3 tucked into a large mag pouch of a Blackhawk Omega EOD Tactical Vest.

I bet you can guess I like Blackhawk stuff. :D

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Fobus makes a little paddle type holster that lets you mount your M3/M6 light on a rail, just like on your gun. There is also a lock of sort that keeps the switch from being turned on accidently. I believe the holder retails for about $15. M3 CAR is the model number.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Funny you should ask. I carry (or used to) a SureFire LED in my pocket. As of Memorial day, it's missing. I think I dropped it at a friend's house. Took a boat ride. Maybe the lake swallowed it. It's fallen out before. So next on my list is a a proper holster for these expensive little flashlights.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m not a fan of on board lasers or lights. Looks cool but also makes for a convenient target for a savvy perp. During a night time (live house) tactical coarse I was shown an FBI stance. Right hand holds the gun; left holds the light (elbow locked) at 10:00.

All of the best tactical equipment will not make you a better shooter. I have taken numerous tactical classes and have found less is more. Your best tactical equipment is live fire practice and conditioning your brain for the unexpected.

Just my two cents,
Nylo

·
Registered
108 Posts
I agree with Nylo. I don't want to turn my gun into a really expensive flashlight that can throw lead. I like having the 2 independent of each other. I like that I can use my flashlight as a decoy in another part of the house if I need to. I'll pass on making myself a lighted target for the BG's

1 - 12 of 12 Posts