Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a Bianchi UM type holster for my 5" XD. Something that can convert from leg holster, to web belt, to shoulder, to armored vest. I've got a CCW holster for it, but I need a holster that is compatible with military gear for when I go overseas. (I'm a civilian, so I don't have to use the issue M9 Beretta.)

In '86, I bought one of Bianchi's holsters for my Browning, and it has been very useful. I have contacted Bianchi, and they told me their R&D dept doesn't have an XD 5" to test with (!!!!) so they can't tell me which of their holsters fits the weapon. I tried three different models at a local gun store, and it didn't fit. (Slide too long and too wide.)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't work for or own stock in Bianchi, so I don't want this to sound like a plug, but their UM (Universal Military) line is a great all-around holster.

The basic holster attaches to
- a military web belt,
- a load-bearing or protective vest,
- or a regular belt.
With the proper adapter and it can be carried
- mid-thigh
- tanker-style
- under arm/under cover.
The flap can be removed and replaced by a thumb-break latch, for
- reduced bulk,
- fast draws,
- more concealed carry.

So much utility. One holster that does it all, whether I am in a vehicle, standing around, or walking around the compound. That's the kind of holster I am looking for. Bianchi doesn't know if the XD 5" fits into one of their holsters. Does somebody know which holster can do all this a accept the 5".

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sam,
I just recently purchased a 5" xd and read that you had a ccw holster for it...can i ask what kind and where you got it from?

Scott

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is an "Uncle Mike's" holster, the Kydex type, the 5426-1 model. About half an inch sticks out from the bottom, the package says it is for the 4" barrel. I'm happy with it, even though the front sight is exposed. Right hand only. www.michaels-oregon.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts