Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I converted my .40 Tac. to 9mm, but the barrel requires some fitting. The barrel looks like it not locking up all the way into the slide. So my slide will not cycle. Has anyone had a problem with this, if so how do I go about making my barrel fit......Thanks

·
Registered
54 Posts
I bought an EFK conversion barrel and they sent me a diagram showing where it might need filing to cure any fitment problems.
I did have to file a little to get it to fit in the slide. I haven't been to the range yet to make sure it cycles fine.
Each barrel fits inside each slide differently, so you may need to fine tune the accuracy with it. The diagram shows where to file it in case it shoots high, but be careful if you file too much and make it shoot low, there's no fixing that. Gee, I wonder if that's why my (and several other members') XD40 shoots about 5" low (please, this is not an opening for responses about what I'M doing wrong because your XD hits right on target).

p.s....the diagram came with the barrel, I didn't have to ask for it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Old School's right.
I forgot to mention, once you know where to file, it is a very easy job.
It took about 4 minutes to fit the barrel to my slide. The only reason it took that long was because I was afraid to take too much off, so I would take a little off, try to fit the barrel, take a little off, try to fit the barrel...

Hey, I just got a look at the PISTOL-GEAR diagram, it's a much better looking one than what came with my EFK, and mine didn't have (D) for shooting too low. Thanks OS.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts