Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,741 Posts
No but I seen the videos....I WOULD LOVE TO!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
nope but i would if i could. but i would sit down

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
I would definitely not sit down! It is in the offhand/stix supported that the safari rifles are most controllable, and for which they were designed.

In ideal situations, I would hoist the T-Rex as my porter positioned the shooting sticks and the PH prodded me to make a good shot. Leaning into it, I'd draw a large breath, let half out and squeeze, squeeze until the T-Rex planted the solid through the shoulder of the Buff and out the other side, breaking both shoulders and negating a follow-up by the PH.

I imagine I enjoy intact collar bones too much to take up position behind a T-Rex while seated.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can you imgine owning that gun, letting a friend shoot it and having it wind up on the deck???? I would FREAK! They should tape this thing to his hands!

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
nope but i would if i could. but i would sit down
That might result in a quicker death or serious injury that standing with one!! :shock:

I have never shot the T-rex, but I have a 458WM in a Ruger #1 Tropical that is painful enough for me. Five rounds at a time and rest for a week. Took me two trips to the range just to get it sighted in!! 510gr African Grand Slam bullets at over 2000fps!! The T-rex shoots a 750gr Solid at almost 2500fps. We are essentially talking near 50BMG ballistics with NO MUZZLE BRAKE!!! :twisted:

And for those of you who complain about ammo prices...try $40 PER ROUND!! YIKES!!

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That might result in a quicker death or serious injury that standing with one!! :shock:

I have never shot the T-rex, but I have a 458WM in a Ruger #1 Tropical that is painful enough for me. Five rounds at a time and rest for a week. Took me two trips to the range just to get it sighted in!! 510gr African Grand Slam bullets at over 2000fps!! The T-rex shoots a 750gr Solid at almost 2500fps. We are essentially talking near 50BMG ballistics with NO MUZZLE BRAKE!!! :twisted:

And for those of you who complain about ammo prices...try $40 PER ROUND!! YIKES!!
How does the muzzle break affect this rnd?? What's the difference, with or without?

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
I have yet to see one with a muzzle brake, but it would reduce the recoil to some sort of a safer level as far as I am concerned. My comparison to the BMG round is only partially correct obviously. The BMG spins up 750gr loads to around 2800fps or so depending on the rifle and the load, so it does generate more muzzle energy. However, you have to also consider your average 50BMG bolt action rifle weighing in at around 22lbs or more lbs as compared to the .577 Tyr. at around 14lbs.

I don't have any videos of a 50BMG without a muzzle brake, but the recoil impulse is sufficient enough to break bone (collar, arm, shoulder, possibly cervical vertebrae) and cause muscle and nerve damage, and not to mention retinal detachment when fired without a brake. I can't imagine that the .577 would be much different.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
hmmm thats weird... lets see if ican fix it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts