Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just paid for my XD Subcompact on Tuesday and am now enduring the seemingly forever wait period. I pick the gun up this next Tuesday. I've been reading XDTalk to tide me over in the mean time ;)

I've shot a few handguns before but this is my first handgun purchase. I've also got a shotgun that I enjoy shooting trap with. The XD will be a carry gun for me.

Looking forward to learning a lot here, heck I already have!

Aaron

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Welcome from Indiana! Aaron did you get the 9mm or 40cal?

·
Premium Member
127,399 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Aaron.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
I just paid for my XD Subcompact on Tuesday and am now enduring the seemingly forever wait period. I pick the gun up this next Tuesday. I've been reading XDTalk to tide me over in the mean time ;)

I've shot a few handguns before but this is my first handgun purchase. I've also got a shotgun that I enjoy shooting trap with. The XD will be a carry gun for me.

Looking forward to learning a lot here, heck I already have!

Aaron
:confused:

I didn't think WA had a wait period!? Word of advice, go down to the courthouse, and apply for your CWP the next chance you get. I think it's about $45 and takes about an hour (depends on how busy they are) then you wait a few weeks.
Once you get your permit, next time you buy the "other XD" (oh, you will end up with more than one!) your wait time will be about 30 minutes.
Get the permit even if you don't plan to use it. trust me.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Welcome from Michigan.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks all for the welcome!

:confused:

I didn't think WA had a wait period!? Word of advice, go down to the courthouse, and apply for your CWP the next chance you get. I think it's about $45 and takes about an hour (depends on how busy they are) then you wait a few weeks.
Once you get your permit, next time you buy the "other XD" (oh, you will end up with more than one!) your wait time will be about 30 minutes.
Get the permit even if you don't plan to use it. trust me.
Yup, we got one. I picked up my concealed pistol license application the same day I bought the gun. Just gotta get my fingerprints done and then wait some more.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Welcome from Minnesota!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts