Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to change things up a bit. I've used the 20x42 Mildot with MOA turrets before, and i didn't like the blobbiness of the dots. I can't see through them and getting in between them for a .5 mil shot is sketchy. I'm looking at the MilQuad reticles offered on the .1 mil turret models, and specifically the 16x42 version because I think 20 is too much, and 10 is not quote enough. I've shot 12.5x on my Millett so i could get 10 mils in the reticle and i wasn't super happy doing it. if i could get 1/2 mil subtention in the reticle at 16x i'd be quite happy. It's been a while, so i don't remember what the image quality was like.

I just got done looking through a Nightforce ?-42x56 with a mildot reticle and my pants suddenly got tight. I can't drop that kind of cash for that level of clarity on a vari-zoom lens, and honestly i'd be shooting at max magnification anyway. If i can get a full 10 mils in a reticle i'd be pretty happy.

So what are your thought? how do you like your SS?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Switched from mildots to Milquad, specifically for the difficulty you describe. Am not a real seasoned long distance shooter, but started trying this year at our local range, which goes out to 600 yds. It is a lot easier for my experience level to use the mi quad for in between hold over.

Switched over from a Nikon 6-18x on two rifles to a SWFA fixed 12 mil quad, and just changed out a SWFA fixed 10x mil dot to Mil-Mil 10x on carbine yesterday.

For the price level, have been very pleased with the fixed 12x performance, but eye relief and brightness doesn't equal some other more expensive scopes. Also like the simplicity of the fixed power scope.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Swfa make the best low to mid range scopes for the price.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts