Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
It is likely that that this topic has been thouroughly dicussed before my joining this forum. Still, here's my question:
Is it possible to make my XD .45 Tactical model feed, shoot and EJECT cartridges loaded with lead 200 grain semiwadcutter bullets? If so, please advise me.
With respect,
Tuvia

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'll be ther first to tell you that getting your XD to reliably feed SWC is hit or miss. I've been lucky and had no problems with them at all. While others here have tried in vain to get their's to do it. That being said. The one's I shoot typically are handloads that a very trusted friend reloaded for me. They are 200gr. set to an OAL of 1.250 if memory serves me correctly. I can't remember what the powder was however. I have shot Magtech 230gr metal coated ones available at Midway USA and didn't have any problems with them. I haven't shot them in quite some time though I find my XD more than accurate with 230gr round nose bullets for me though. It's not much worse with JHP either!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Thanks for diggin that one up again, Sport45.

That pic gives me the heebie jeebies (looks like my XD45 with SWCs)!

I bought my XD45 Tactical for IDPA and TSA, so it's just a range toy. I wanted to use the same ammo that I use for my 1911s (I shoot in ESP and CDP) so between stages I wouldn't have as much fumbling around to do with holsters, mags, ammo, etc.

So much for that little fantasy :evil:

LRN or RNFPs it is then.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Thanks so much for posting the diagram of what goes wrong with SWC in an XD. Frankly, I always thought it was the flattened nose shape that caused the problems. Looks like a FMJ with a somewhat flattened nose should feed all right. I was afraid to use them and stuck to ball only for reliability but really feel attracted to the Double Tap with the slightly flattened nose shape. :grin:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts