Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
19,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was a first for me. I think I prefer freezing my hind end over mosquitoes while on a post.

I'm starting to regret more and more the money I invested into crossbow hunting. :(

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
I completely agree. Those little buggers make it unbearable.

The answer may be Permethrin. Lots of Permethrin on all of your clothes.

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
Mosquitoes?? hell after this mornings heavy frost we had, you shouldnt need to worry about those little blood suckers anymore.

·
Registered
19,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We've had heavy frosts earlier as well. I've had to scrape my windshield more than once before going to work already.

·
Premium Member
11,243 Posts

·
Registered
19,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not real crazy about the idea of "stinking myself up" when trying to hunt for a creature with a very strong sense of smell.

·
Premium Member
11,243 Posts

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
Not real crazy about the idea of "stinking myself up" when trying to hunt for a creature with a very strong sense of smell.
Thermacell's work. I think they use Permethrin too. Permethrin is made from the oils of crushed Chrysanthemums, so you're not necessarily introducing something too foreign to your hunting environment. IIRC, the bottles for hunters say it doesn't have any odors. It's also good for all other insects/bugs.

·
Registered
8,708 Posts
Try eating a clove of garlic a day. Be forewarned you will start to smell like garlic. Significant others will not want to be around you.....but it does keep the skeeters off ya and masks human scent....

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
LOL. My hunting season doesn't start til the bugs die. you ever skinned a deer in the 50s and 60s. then you must either like yellow jackets or are def not allergic.

global warming is shortening MY hunting seasons.

the GW comment is a joke, totally kidding.

I hate bugs. saying that, Thermocells are awesome, I really just like cold weather!!!! Too bad I'm in Ga lol.

·
Banned
20,016 Posts
If you're wiggling around and cursing the smell may be a better choice. :grin:

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Trust a "South of New Orleans" bow hunter... Thermacell works. I'd have died of malaria ten or eleven times over if not for that little gadget.

Sent via dixie cup string phone.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts