Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took some cash and a Rhino .357 revolver to the gun shop and came home with a Pro Series SW1911 3" bull barrel sub compact. The officer size frame allows a full grip and the trigger feels good, then again most every 1911 has a very nice trigger. The overtravel stop was adjusted correctly and the reset is very short. The pistol has a scandium alloy frame and from what I've read, small amounts of scandium in the aluminum alloy chemistry alters the molecular composition for added strength similar to that of titanium alloys.

Sub compact 1911's get varied reviews, the training guys speak of malfunctions during their courses but individuals having this model generally report favorable comments. The only true test is firing the gun over the next few months and I've yet to be dissatisfied with a S&W firearm.

Size comparison of 5, 4.25 and 3 inch barrels.

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
Congrats! I have a full sized SW1911 that gave me a little trouble at first. S&W provided great customer service and rectified the issue and she runs like a top now. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
Looks good. Those grip panels look to be Ergo XT's. I've got them on my project 1911. :)

Let us know how she shoots!

·
Registered
121 Posts
I just bought a pro series, have only had it at the range once, very quickly. Was looking for something small to have handy, But have to run several hundered more rounds through it, before I carry it.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
They all look nice, congrats. Looking at these gets me thinking I need a 1911 too!

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Looks nice, looking forward to see how it works out for you.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Nice looking family you got there. I like those Smiths, but have heard varied reviews. My only complaint is that external extractor. Could be such a beautiful gun.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the comments. I'll replace the grips and maybe install a magwell on the gun after shooting it awhile.

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Nice! I've heard good things about those and am very happy with my SW PC1911. The external extractor doesn't bother me in the least, Sig has them on their 1911's and I've never had a Sig or a SW 1911 have an extractor problem.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Nice! I've heard good things about those and am very happy with my SW PC1911. The external extractor doesn't bother me in the least, Sig has them on their 1911's and I've never had a Sig or a SW 1911 have an extractor problem.
I think I said that wrong. The extractor is purely a cosmetic issue for me. I've never had malfunctions because of it on my Sigs.

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
I think I said that wrong. The extractor is purely a cosmetic issue for me. I've never had malfunctions because of it on my Sigs.
I hear you, I get the traditionalist view and understand why the cosmetics of the external extractor can be an issue.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
I wasn't happy with the black plastic grips so I replaced them with double diamond Kingwood. The main spring housing and magwell was also added.

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
MY 1911PD is one of my CCW. I also have a 100% reliable Colt OM, just stock w/ some front strap stippling & a front night sight. Everyone should own at least one good 1911.

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
I looked at one when they first came out a few years ago and liked it a lot. Congrats. :)

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
I wasn't happy with the black plastic grips so I replaced them with double diamond Kingwood. The main spring housing and magwell was also added.

Looks great! :)

·
Banned
0 Posts

Very nice, that is a sharp looking setup.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts