Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took some cash and a Rhino .357 revolver to the gun shop and came home with a Pro Series SW1911 3" bull barrel sub compact. The officer size frame allows a full grip and the trigger feels good, then again most every 1911 has a very nice trigger. The overtravel stop was adjusted correctly and the reset is very short. The pistol has a scandium alloy frame and from what I've read, small amounts of scandium in the aluminum alloy chemistry alters the molecular composition for added strength similar to that of titanium alloys.

Sub compact 1911's get varied reviews, the training guys speak of malfunctions during their courses but individuals having this model generally report favorable comments. The only true test is firing the gun over the next few months and I've yet to be dissatisfied with a S&W firearm.

Size comparison of 5, 4.25 and 3 inch barrels.

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
Congrats! I have a full sized SW1911 that gave me a little trouble at first. S&W provided great customer service and rectified the issue and she runs like a top now. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Looks nice, looking forward to see how it works out for you.

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
Nice looking family you got there. I like those Smiths, but have heard varied reviews. My only complaint is that external extractor. Could be such a beautiful gun.

·
Registered
18,868 Posts
Nice! I've heard good things about those and am very happy with my SW PC1911. The external extractor doesn't bother me in the least, Sig has them on their 1911's and I've never had a Sig or a SW 1911 have an extractor problem.

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
Nice! I've heard good things about those and am very happy with my SW PC1911. The external extractor doesn't bother me in the least, Sig has them on their 1911's and I've never had a Sig or a SW 1911 have an extractor problem.
I think I said that wrong. The extractor is purely a cosmetic issue for me. I've never had malfunctions because of it on my Sigs.

·
Registered
18,868 Posts
I think I said that wrong. The extractor is purely a cosmetic issue for me. I've never had malfunctions because of it on my Sigs.
I hear you, I get the traditionalist view and understand why the cosmetics of the external extractor can be an issue.

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
MY 1911PD is one of my CCW. I also have a 100% reliable Colt OM, just stock w/ some front strap stippling & a front night sight. Everyone should own at least one good 1911.

·
Registered
5,359 Posts
I looked at one when they first came out a few years ago and liked it a lot. Congrats. :)

·
Registered
5,359 Posts
I wasn't happy with the black plastic grips so I replaced them with double diamond Kingwood. The main spring housing and magwell was also added.

Looks great! :)

·
Banned
6,642 Posts
I wasn't happy with the black plastic grips so I replaced them with double diamond Kingwood. The main spring housing and magwell was also added.

Very nice, that is a sharp looking setup.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.