Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
38,920 Posts
Pictures or it didn't happen ;)

I mean really ... Who would make such an advertisement ?
IMO, not someone who actually wants to survive the worst of times.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Pictures or it didn't happen ;)

I mean really ... Who would make such an advertisement ?
IMO, not someone who actually wants to survive the worst of times.
Exactly, I now have my shopping list and store post SHTF!

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
A lot of the numbers he uses in his post say, "I have a lot of this stuff!" but in reality, most are sold in those volumes on super market shelves. What initially got me on that track was the Clorox wipes he has in the bucket of 500. We go through a tub of those (105) a month just around the house.

·
Super Moderator
22,208 Posts
I wonder how much all that costs?

·
Registered
608 Posts
wack a dooooo

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
I don't know, but he's got $10,000 in pennies.
And unless he's got the pennies encased in something (to keep the structural integrity), a rifle round will blow up his little boxes of change pretty easily.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
that seemed a little extreme to me. i'm all about prepping for bad/hard times but... wow.

i did like the floor idea in the attic, i may do that as i don't have a basement and could use the extra space. my biggest problem is that it get's 115+ in the summer so anything that goes up there has to be able to withstand the heat.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
My oh my!

Makes me wish I could open up a chain of bargain supply houses for the SHTF types.

·
Premium Member
4,358 Posts
Rawles, if I remember correctly, makes his living from survival and prepping books?

If so, I am not surprised at his extreme prepping.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
From the linked article.

"So I have 1,200 gallons of Kerosene. This is intended for heating the home for 3 winters, and I have 3 Kerosene heaters to do the job. The Kerosene is stored in in 3 large 330 gallon plastic totes, half buried in my back yard, hidden by a wood pile, as well as four 55 gallon drums buried under my deck. "

I'm surprised that he posted that he has 1200 gallons of kero underground. Most states have strict laws about such things. Especially as he has them in plastic totes that were never intended for that use, are not certified for fuel or underground and I doubt he followed any codes on prep of the site! Around here that would be a worse crime than shooting up a bus load of nuns!

Then he burried 55 gal drums under the porch. What a great way to get your home burned up and contaminate the ground water at the same time!
'

Since he has all the prep materials already bought and nicely stored, what say we send him and his spouse 2 week cruise tickets -->free<--. While he's gone we can roll up the moving vans and get all of our supplies.

(joke)

·
Banned
38,920 Posts
From the linked article.

"So I have 1,200 gallons of Kerosene. This is intended for heating the home for 3 winters, and I have 3 Kerosene heaters to do the job. The Kerosene is stored in in 3 large 330 gallon plastic totes, half buried in my back yard, hidden by a wood pile, as well as four 55 gallon drums buried under my deck. "

I'm surprised that he posted that he has 1200 gallons of kero underground. Most states have strict laws about such things. Especially as he has them in plastic totes that were never intended for that use, are not certified for fuel or underground and I doubt he followed any codes on prep of the site! Around here that would be a worse crime than shooting up a bus load of nuns!

Then he burried 55 gal drums under the porch. What a great way to get your home burned up and contaminate the ground water at the same time!
'

Since he has all the prep materials already bought and nicely stored, what say we send him and his spouse 2 week cruise tickets -->free<--. While he's gone we can roll up the moving vans and get all of our supplies.

(joke)
Or wait until it all breaks loose and fire a few tracer rounds toward everything :rolleyes: :lol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts