Springfield XD Forum banner

Surplus Arms & Ammo LOW15 Stripped AR Lower Receiver

19K views 26 replies 16 participants last post by  gunsfamilyfun 
#1 ·
#3 ·
no feed back on the product but if y'all keep showing me this stuff Imma spend money I don't wanna spend.

lmao
LOL...:D
I'm seriously considering building my first AR as a Winter project. The idea is to take my time and doing on the cheap. I have my lovely wife's blessing. Of course it doesn't hurt that she's fired the AR a couple of times, and liked it. :cool:

#7 ·
To my knowledge, the Surplus Ammo and Arms and Palmetto State Armory lowers are both currently being made by Aero Precision. So unless something has changed (or I'm wrong) the only difference between any of them will be the engraving on the side.

With that said, I have a SA&A lower and couldn't be happier with it. Especially for the price.

It is currently sitting underneath of my 6.8 upper I built for medium game hunting.

#8 ·
Those are GTG, Palmetto State Armory is on sale for $57 shipped. Also a good lower.
I saw that, Kent. A savings is a savings. ;)

#9 ·
Just thought I should post my experience with this company...

I placed an order for an in stock stripped lower reciever and they didn't ship it out until 7 days after placing order. I called to inquire and customer service was pushy and impatient, like I was bothering them. Tried emailing- to their gmail. really? They just seem so unprofessional to me.

Go with PSA and save yourself some money and time.

#10 ·
IIRC Aero Precision are the same makers of Spikes lowers so it should be gtg. A lower is pretty much a lower regaurdless who makes it. There are some exceptions but not many. I am in the process of building my first AR as well.

#12 ·
I'm new to the AR build, new to the AR's period other than shooting someone else's. Being that I'm on a tight budget it's going to be a drawn out process of getting the components I need for a complete build. I still haven't made up my mind if I'm going to build an upper or just get one complete. After a couple of hours of research and reading a few dozen reviews (all of which are good reviews) these lowers seem to be perfectly fine for what I need. Of the research I've done it seems that Aero Precision not only makes the SA&A lowers, but makes Palmetto State Armory and Spike's lowers as well.

I ordered this last night to start my build...

AR-15 Complete Unassembled Lower Kit - Karri's Guns

#27 ·
I'm new to the AR build, new to the AR's period other than shooting someone else's. Being that I'm on a tight budget it's going to be a drawn out process of getting the components I need for a complete build. I still haven't made up my mind if I'm going to build an upper or just get one complete. After a couple of hours of research and reading a few dozen reviews (all of which are good reviews) these lowers seem to be perfectly fine for what I need. Of the research I've done it seems that Aero Precision not only makes the SA&A lowers, but makes Palmetto State Armory and Spike's lowers as well.

I hope this will help someone. PLEASE DO NOT BUY FROM KARRI'S GUNS. I purchased an KB10 from them. the barrel chamber was so tight it would not chamber a factory round and the BCG was poorly made. I tried to send the bcg back but the USPS lost it and Karri's said I was SOL, oh, and that I could buy a new one from them. Do yourself a favor don't fall for the $600 AR10 from them.

#13 ·
try looking at PSA for the complete upper or the parts. they have very affordable options. and their barrels are top notch, manufactured by FN, who makes the military M249 and 240B machine guns. their barrels are top tier in my book.

#14 ·
no feed back on the product but if y'all keep showing me this stuff Imma spend money I don't wanna spend.

lmao
dude you're doing this in all of your 8 posts. Im sensing a bot/troll.

#15 ·

A UTG buffer and extension? Not for me. That's pretty much bottom of the barrel. I would use PSA as a minimum, preferably BCM. :shock:

#16 ·
I picked up 2 of the "Grim Reaper" stripped lowers from my LGS on Black Friday. The lowers appear to me to be good quality. I am Planning to build one of the lowers for my son's 18th birthday in January, he will pick out an upper to complete it then. The 2nd lower is going to be for a "big bore" build in either the .450 Bushy or RRA .458 SOCOM. I am leaning toward the .450 for reasons of availability for the uppers and the ammo. Plus the ammo is about half the price of the SOCOM ammo. Spike's Tactical is probably going to be the source for the LPK and butt end hardware.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

#19 ·
Got it all put together and went to the range yesterday. I shot 220 rds through it and it functioned flawlessly, 100 rds of American Eagle AR223 and 120 rds of Tula steel case. I must say I'm very pleased with my AR as it is my first one and it was on the cheap. I don't think I could have done any better on the price as I paid $527 out the door for a complete rifle :)

#22 ·
Great looking rifle slayer. I just bought the same upper from Surplus last week. With a magpul butt stock and some pmags. Just got paid today so time to order my lower as well from them with the dpms LPK. What sight did you go with on yours??

#23 ·
TIM_XD45 said:
I picked up 2 of the "Grim Reaper" stripped lowers from my LGS on Black Friday. The lowers appear to me to be good quality. I am Planning to build one of the lowers for my son's 18th birthday in January, he will pick out an upper to complete it then. The 2nd lower is going to be for a "big bore" build in either the .450 Bushy or RRA .458 SOCOM. I am leaning toward the .450 for reasons of availability for the uppers and the ammo. Plus the ammo is about half the price of the SOCOM ammo. Spike's Tactical is probably going to be the source for the LPK and butt end hardware.

Just finished build #1. This is for my son's 18th birthday next Tuesday! It has a Surplus Arms 1:7 HBAR upper and Magpul MOE in FDE, Magpul Gen II BUIS.The lower was finished with a DD LPK, Magpul CTR buttstock, ATI mil-spec buffer assembly, & Blackhawk Ergo pistol grip.

I need to pick up a couple riser blocks for the sights bc the front won't lock down due to interference with the handguard when mounted as it shows in the packaging with the sight. The fit is real good between the upper and lower. Just mounted it backwards for giggles in the pics.

I was horrible about keeping this gift quiet, so my son actually got to finish the assembly today before I got home from work! He is VERY excited about the weapon. He loves shooting as much as I do!!

Gun Firearm Airsoft gun Airsoft Trigger

Airsoft gun Photography Revolver Games

#25 ·
Didn't do my homework too well when i ordered the sights with this upper. Not gonna be able to use this front sight on the gas block. Duh, it's plastic, gas block hot, not a good combo. Guess I need a gas block mounted sight now to finish the rifle off completely. Not to mention, the gas block rail is a little over 1/4" lower than the receiver rail. Would be shooting a bit high I'd say.

#26 ·
Great looking rifle slayer. I just bought the same upper from Surplus last week. With a magpul butt stock and some pmags. Just got paid today so time to order my lower as well from them with the dpms LPK. What sight did you go with on yours??
Late response, haven't been on in a while. Those sights are actually the irons that came on my S&W M&P 15-22, they work well enough until I can get something better. I'm probably just gonna get a Primary Arms micro dot and some Magpul MBUS. I've heard and read a lot of good reviews about the PA micro dots (all of their stuff actually), for the money a lot of folks say they're good to go.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.