Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So many of you are familiar with the often discussed suresight scammers. In 2008, I ordered sights that I never recieved. I recieved emails for about 4 months giving me "updates on production." They never produced or shipped anything and ceased to even send emails or automatically refund my money. They ignored my emails/phone calls requesting a refund. I've been deployed multiple times since then, and pretty much forgot about it. To be honest, I didn't have time to give it the attention it deserved.

The website is still up and recieving orders?!?!?!?!?!

SureSight

WE ARE CURRENTLY BACK-ORDERED AND YOUR PRODUCT MAY NOT SHIP FOR 6-12 WEEKS.
NOTE: Your credit card will be charged immediately.

How many of you have taken this scam to law? Did anyone who didn't recieve an order get a refund? I have no illusions of getting my money back, but that website needs to be shutdown.

I saw an old, but good post on glocktalk showing how many people got ripped off and recommending people report it if applicable:

http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx
FBI Inernet Crime Report

http://www.lacountyfraud.org/
Los Angeles County Office of Investigations Report

http://ag.ca.gov/contact/complaint_form.php?cmplt=CL
California Department of Justice Complaint

(562) 946-7217
Los Angeles Sheriff Fraud Detail
Anyone Got Their 3rd Gen Suresights Yet ? - Page 8 - Glock Talk

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
It never fails to amaze me that our authorities seemingly can't do anything about something like that. How can a company like this be allowed to remain in business?

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
The only thing that would make this situation worse is if they were only using GunPal/GPal as the payment gateway. :)

·
Banned
38,920 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
thats a bad deal. i thank you for posting it i will be telling everone i know to stay away for anything that suresight makes and i will ask around to see if anyone i know has ordered anything from them and let you know if i hear anything

·
Registered
234 Posts
Glad you posted this. I have been away for a while and my dad just bought some night sights the other day.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Hadn't heard of this, but thanks for the headsup!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am a Glock owner/operator. Back around 2006 or 2007 I ordered SureSight sights for my G-19. Got them in about a week and found them extremely easy to install myself. Greatly improved my shooting. They do work as advertised. No question about it.

But...starting about 2009 or so I again tried to order these sights for my other Glocks but the web site would not accept my payment. Tried for a year or so and finally gave up trying to order the sights.

Now I see the whole deal is being called a "scam". I can't testify to that fact but all I can say is the sights are worth every penny.

With this good of a product all I can figure is the principals (owner/s) are having some kind of personal problems (health, divorce, drugs etc.). It is a shame as this is a really good product that ups your accuracy dramatically for a relatively low price.

·
Registered
6,582 Posts
If you think that scam is bad ...

Google "Super Replicas Scam"

10 or so years -- they are definitely millionaires. It's being run by a Mormon priest who just beat a molestation charge in Hondaraus. They still have websites , and a booming Facebook page , and still tons of fake YouTube videos that are edited , or rental cars are used .

It's very interesting reading , and a "super replica scam" google search will have many reading for hours in amazement that our government haven't stopped these Mafiosi Panama idiots -- "Tony Sinclair" is behind it , he preaches Mormonism in response to all the people who send him 20k for a maybach , Bugatti , etc ...

And someone outed him through the sites ip address and the Mormon "tony Sinclair" , is actually a Mormon priest who is on the run from multiple countries and resides in panama.

Sent from my iPad 3rd Gen. using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
366 Posts
I am a Glock owner/operator. Back around 2006 or 2007 I ordered SureSight sights for my G-19. Got them in about a week and found them extremely easy to install myself. Greatly improved my shooting. They do work as advertised. No question about it.

But...starting about 2009 or so I again tried to order these sights for my other Glocks but the web site would not accept my payment. Tried for a year or so and finally gave up trying to order the sights.

Now I see the whole deal is being called a "scam". I can't testify to that fact but all I can say is the sights are worth every penny.

With this good of a product all I can figure is the principals (owner/s) are having some kind of personal problems (health, divorce, drugs etc.). It is a shame as this is a really good product that ups your accuracy dramatically for a relatively low price.
Yes, sure.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts