Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here have any experience with this Nitrolon 6V weaponlight?

http://www.lagger-pro.com/PM112.htm

I'm considering this or an X200D (if it becomes available) for my XD-9 Service. Would the P112C fit the standard Picatinny accessory rail or would I be better off with the X200D?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Jeez, taclights are expensive! Any reason they're so significantly different from a normal flashlight that they should be $200-300?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My guess for incandescent units: shock isolating the lamp (versus recoil), custom tape switches matched to very specific models of handguns, machining a mounting bracket, etc.

·
Registered
580 Posts
hey man...i've got one on my fullsize USP. i like them a lot. a lot of money, though. if i remember correctly, surefire is making a light compatible with the XD. don't know when that'll be, but i'm fairly positive its in the works. mine came with TWO headlamps. one for the standard 65 lumens, and the second for the supremely intense 125 lumens. obviously battery run times are different.

funky thing about these lights, is that (at least on mine) its a "semi-permanent" fixture. you have to attach a bracket to the trigger guard of the gun and then attach the light to that bracket. the light itself appears to work on the picatinny rails, but due to the shape of it, i wasn't able to apply it to the XD.

FYI...i have the P115D for my USP.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the information c22m22c. I think the P115 series is very similar to the P112 (same basic "guts"). It just has a different mounting bracket. :cry:

Man I wonder when it will be when Surefire releases a dedicated Nitrolon weapon light for the XD. :?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts