Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have one, where did you get it? Who have you found has the best deals on them? I am looking at the E2D Executive Defender and the E2L outdoorsman for now, but am also open to other suggestions as well. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
187 Posts
www.froogle.com
then, sort by price.

that's usually the best way to find deals on stuff. The only surefire i own is an X200 and i love it. I've been looking for one of their LED models for a while now, but i can't decide if i want to spend another $200 on a light.

btw, i picked up my X200 at Camp Pendleton a few months ago for about $200 even.

Too bad MCRD San Diego is on the BRAC list, i hope they don't close it down. It was pretty cool seeing my brother graduate there a couple of years ago.

-ChrisG

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Close up MCRD San Diego?? Then send em all thru Parris Island?? Or do they have a new MCRD in the works someplace else?? Very interesting. :eek:

BTW thanks for the info about froogle.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
I've found better prices on stuff through www.shopzilla.com than any of the other pricefinder engines. Do your search and then select "Sort by best price."

However, you'll find that it's kinda hard to find good discounts on surefire. They regulate their prices and if they find out people are advertising them at discounts they'll cut them off.

I got my G2 down at Ace Hardware one day when they were having a "Brown Bag Sale." If I were to buy anymore I'd get 'em from a guy who does group buys on them over at thefiringline.com. Last I saw though you had to be a member of his group-buy site which meant being a veteran poster there. I got on through TheHighRoad.org but he's no longer a member there anymore and you can't get in that way now. That's the cheapest I've ever seen 'em.

Here's one other discount option but read my warning! Some people have had problems ordering from this company but I hear that the thing to do is not to order over the internet. Call and specifically ask them first if they have the item you want currently in stock and only order if they do:

http://www.botac.com/surefire.html

Caveat emptor.

brad cook

·
Registered
187 Posts
Looks like they'd send all the recruits thru Paris, all the females across the nation go there anyways as do 1/2 the males. At this point tho, the BRAC list is just a proposal. In michigan they are looking at moving all the airwings, reserve centers and depo's to Selfridge AFB in Detroit. It's gonna hit a lot of communities in Michigan pretty hard.

I'll have to check out shopzilla.com. I'm always up for more places to find discounts :)

I keep looking at their Lumimax series since they have LED's. I'm a huge fan of LED lights.

-Chris

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
DigMe said:
I'd get 'em from a guy who does group buys on them over at thefiringline.com. Last I saw though you had to be a member of his group-buy site which meant being a veteran poster there. I got on through TheHighRoad.org but he's no longer a member there anymore and you can't get in that way now. That's the cheapest I've ever seen 'em.
brad cook
I got mine that way too. The 6P is like crack, and getting them from Ken is like getting a cheap taste from the dope man...

·
Registered
98 Posts
I got the 6P when it first came out and carried it on duty. then got the kit to convert it to the rechargable 9P configuration. currently I have two surefire's a E2E and a G2. both purchased from a local army navy store at good prices.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
DigMe said:
Here's one other discount option but read my warning! Some people have had problems ordering from this company but I hear that the thing to do is not to order over the internet. Call and specifically ask them first if they have the item you want currently in stock and only order if they do:

http://www.botac.com/surefire.html

Caveat emptor.

brad cook
Yeah, this is the Botach Tactical that a lot of people have trouble with. Just call in your order, and make them check to see if the item(s) you want is in stock. If not in stock, get a substitute or don't order, DO NOT allow a backorder, chances are you'll never see it. I don't think it's a deliberate effort to con people, I think they are just terribly inefficient in their paper/computer work. And their American language skills are not exactly at a 100% level, either. I've bought a lot of stuff from them in the past, but nothing in the last year or so.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I visited Gunsite Academy (AZ) last month and asked the instructors which one I should carry concealed. Bought it from their store. It wasn' cheap ($160). I could've probably purchased it cheaper elsewhere, but wanted to support Gunsite. I like it a lot.

SUREFIRE L4 Digital Lumamax (LED)
Very bright
Bezel gets hot
Does not have anti-roll design
OD Green
Probably lasts 1.5 hours (full brightness does not last 1.5 hours - dims slightly after several minutes)
Bezel is 1" diameter.
Body is 3/4" diameter.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Surefire 6P and D2 - online directly from Surefire on sale. I also have three of the DigiLights (one LE version from Old School's site and two - in camo - directly from Digilight at great sale price). They are all superbright - I prefer the Surefires and keep the DigiLights in my glove compartments (and carry them when I need the extra concealability due to their compact size).

Can't go wrong with Surefires!!!

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
I have had good experiences with Brightflashlights over at ar15.com and weaponsforum.com. Just look in the Industry Forum and Equipment Exchange at ar15.com. He is a stand-up guy who will give you a good price. If I can convince my wife to get me the E2L for Father's Day/Anniversary, I'll get it from him before I'd get it from anyone else.

Surefire has a policy that no one may advertise their products for less than MSRP. Selling them for less is a different matter. Just email [email protected] and ask him for the prices on what you want. Calvin is professional, personable, and quick.

edited to add: You might also look at Pentagon flashlights. Comparable to the 6P & 9P and costs a little less. Battery isolation if you want to mount it to an AR15 or such, which is a good thing.

If you have a G2 or anything in the 6P line, bugoutgearusa.com has a drop-in 3W LED module (comparable to the Surefire KL3 head in power) that simply replaces your lamp assembly using the same bezel you already have. Costs a lot less than a whole new LED light or KL3 LED bezel assembly.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have a 6p and a X200, 2 of each when they first came out at a local shop 25.00 less than retail. Sold them, and bought 1 of each at retail that sucks, but they gave me a Surefire Nylon case for the 6P with logo and a 120 lumen bezel and bulb kit. The x200 came with a 3 pak of batts. :lol:

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
I just reread this today and have found a light you may like just as much as the E2L. It's the Inova XO or the T3. Both put out the same lumens as the E2L (or more) and run for a LOT longer. The T2 has been tested at flashlightreviews.com to run for over 5hours at full brightness before dropping out of regulation. The E2L only runs for 3 before dropping out and giving dim light. The XO runs for 4hrs regulated.

The T2 is HA-III black, has the same size bezel as the E2 series (Surefire filters will work), and:

it costs less. A LOT less. $40 online compared to $97 (from [email protected])

·
Registered
4 Posts
i just bought the E2e from surefire for $75 and I'm pretty sure it will do exactly what I bought it for to blind someone if need be. I can't tell you no more about the light since I just got it today.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a 10x with both hi and low smaller light. Well over 500 lumen's when both are lit up. Rechargeable. I had to adapt a charger for it the surefire one just quit one day. Its a High quality charger that fast charges and then keeps a trickle charge on it. INSTANT DAYLIGHT

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
The regular G2 Nitrolon comes in OD Green, Desert Tan, Safety Yellow or Black. Polymer, lightweight, indestructable and CHEAP! About $34 from midwayusa.com or the Surefire website. Midway has ultra-fast shipping, but you can get the 15-pack of lights from the Surefire website for 15 bucks.

The G2 Nitrolon has 60 lumens of power, whick is plenty bright for anything I'd ever use it for. It's bright enough to light a room and is too bright to look at without pain/blindness. It runs for about an hour continuously on one set of batteries. If you want, you can spend 15 bucks on Surefire's website and get the upgrade lamp assembly for double the power, but with only 1/3 the runtime. I have no clue what you'd need 120 lumens for, but whatever floats your boat.

The G2 Nitrolon is hands-down the best value in tac lights available.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a thing for nice things, picked up the e2e as a EDC light. Love and the quality of the beam, construction. Then picked up the a z3 with a p91 bulb. Now the 10x set me back a few bucks, but 5oo+ lumen's of rechargeable light :shock: :shock: it sits in the charger between the seat
and door of my truck. A very good light can be just as valuable as a good gun in a bad situation. 5OO lumen's in some ones eyes can give you the time between life and death. also you don't have to worry about going to jail because you pulled out a light. I still feel I have the upper hand, I know I can slow them down for a few with a shot to the eyes, and still be able to draw my weapon. No one thinks twice about a light in your hand.

A z3 with p91 has 200 lumen's can almost be hidden in the hand. try walking across a parking lot with a gun in your hand. Quick shot of light will give me a good bonus of time to draw if need be. I think a choice of my light is as important as what round I carry in my wepon.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Polymerhead said:
The G2 Nitrolon is hands-down the best value in tac lights available.
I don't know if you can say that "hands down."

What about the $27 digilight? It seems to offer more for less money and from what I'm hearing they're darn good quality.

brad cook

·
Registered
82 Posts
Surefire E2D rocks It took me along time to come to grips with paying $90.00 for a 4" flashlight but I am happy I did
Don"t forget E-bay for good deals

1 - 20 of 21 Posts