Springfield XD Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I saw on a lot of you-tube videos and sites that many people in US use sound suppressors on their weapons.

I am not interested in legal part of the story but in the technical;how do you find/make them,is it possible to shot non sub-sonic rounds trough them on AK in full-auto and least does anyone have ANY USEFUL blueprints to make one in the milling machine,thanks!
You can have special permit here if you are good with police,but only if you already have one,because they are illegal to sell,but nobody stops you to make them! :mrgreen: WEEEIRD!
I hate stupid and illogical laws laws!

If laws permits you to sell your sound suppressor,I would pay double than original cost! We just need to arrange details about shipping and legal part!

Thanks

·
Registered
5,617 Posts
I doubt anyone could ship you a suppressor from a different country. Just doesn't work that way, it's VERY difficult to ship firearm related goods across national lines.

I don't have any blueprints for them, but I'm sure you can find it all online...google is a great tool.

You can shoot supersonic ammo through a suppressor, but it defeats the purpose. Supersonic means a sonic boom, and a suppressor can't do anything about that.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reducing noise of .308 or 7,62x39 in .22 level is more than desirable,I know there are no 100% silent suppressors like in movies!

You can ship it with ease if you think a bit!
There are models that can be taken apart,ship peace by peace,will give you details how if someone is interested.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Reducing noise of .308 or 7,62x39 in .22 level is more than desirable,I know there are no 100% silent suppressors like in movies!

You can ship it with ease if you think a bit!
There are models that can be taken apart,ship peace by peace,will give you details how if someone is interested.

Sir, you are likely, on an open Internet forum, asking a citizen of the US to commit a federal felony punishable by up to ten years imprisonment and a $250,000 fine. Federal law prohibits exportation of silencers except to governmental agencies with an End User Certificate.

For your own well-being, STOP posting this stuff here, sir.

·
Registered
5,617 Posts
[/color]

Sir, you are likely, on an open Internet forum, asking a citizen of the US to commit a federal felony punishable by up to ten years imprisonment and a $250,000 fine. Federal law prohibits exportation of silencers except to governmental agencies with an End User Certificate.

For your own well-being, STOP posting this stuff here, sir.
Exactly. I don't care how you ship it, it can't be legally done.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All I need to know!
I didn't know that it is illegal,just wanted to avoid problems in transaction.
Would registrate it here,thought.

What do I need to LEGALLY buy it or only governmental agencies with an End User Certificate can buy it!?

I really didn't know that because i saw a lot people shooting with silencers in US,I thought it is illegal,how they don't end up in prison!?

·
Premium Member
4,154 Posts
In the united states it is legal to own and use a sound suppressor

You need a letter from your chef LEO saying you can have it, a clean criminal record, and a $200 tax stamp from the BATFE.

It's illegal to transport your sound suppressor across state lines, ship it to anyone other than a legitimate FFL with the correct paperwork, or sell it to anyone who doesn't have the proper paperwork.

·
Premium Member
9,171 Posts
I saw on a lot of you-tube videos and sites that many people in US use sound suppressors on their weapons.

I am not interested in legal part of the story but in the technical;how do you find/make them,is it possible to shot non sub-sonic rounds trough them on AK in full-auto and least does anyone have ANY USEFUL blueprints to make one in the milling machine,thanks!
You can have special permit here if you are good with police,but only if you already have one,because they are illegal to sell,but nobody stops you to make them! :mrgreen: WEEEIRD!
I hate stupid laws!

If laws parmits you to sell your sound suppresor,I would pay double than original cost! We just need to arrange details about shiping!
Contac me trought e-mail or PP!

Thanks
Ya know, either you aren't in Croatia, or you are a kid. I can rattle off 20+ places right now within 500 miles of you were you can obtain one. I know of 2 places in Serbia where you can get a PB6 for next to nothing. This thread should now be closed....

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you robinsre and ORD!

No need to close thread,you can discuss about technical part of the stuff...

·
Registered
5,617 Posts
In the united states it is legal to own and use a sound suppressor

You need a letter from your chef LEO saying you can have it, a clean criminal record, and a $200 tax stamp from the BATFE.

It's illegal to transport your sound suppressor across state lines, ship it to anyone other than a legitimate FFL with the correct paperwork, or sell it to anyone who doesn't have the proper paperwork.
Some states do not allow suppressors;.

·
Premium Member
4,154 Posts
Some states do not allow suppressors;.

This is correct, but there is no federal law prohibiting owning or using a suppressor.

However a state law prohibiting suppressor ownership would prevent you from getting the sign off from your Cheif LEO.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I suppose Washington,Florida,New York...and others liberal infected states!:roll:

Einhet dreizehn,I live in Croatia and I am not kid,but I just don't have any connection with Serbian mafia! Isn't that weird!? LOL

·
Premium Member
4,154 Posts
I suppose Washington,Florida,New York...and others liberal infected states!:roll:

Einhet dreizehn,I live in Croatia and I am not kid,but I just don't have any connection with Serbian mafia! Isn't that weird!? LOL

The states I KNOW you can't get a suppressor in are California, New York, New Jersey, Illinois and a few others along the east coast.

I know individuals in both washington and florida that have suppressed handguns and rifles.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I meant Florida,sorry!

I read something how they banned .50cal and now Barret does not want to sell even to the state authorities! LOL

·
Registered
346 Posts
The only law in Florida on the types of firearms (and accessories) which are prohibited is:

790.221 Possession of short-barreled rifle, short-barreled shotgun, or machine gun; penalty.--
(1) It is unlawful for any person to own or to have in his or her care, custody, possession, or control any short-barreled rifle, short-barreled shotgun, or machine gun which is, or may readily be made, operable; but this section shall not apply to antique firearms.

It's a felony.

Certain types of ammo are banned (790.31 Armor-piercing or exploding ammunition or dragon's breath shotgun shells, bolo shells, or flechette shells prohibited.), as well as "knife guns" (790.225 Ballistic self-propelled knives; unlawful to manufacture, sell, or possess; forfeiture; penalty.). Nothing in Florida law says anything about silencers, so on the State level they're legal, and I think preemption would cover silencers (790.33 Field of regulation of firearms and ammunition preempted.), depending on how broadly "the whole field of regulation of firearms and ammunition" is interpreted in the courts.

The whole code for firearms in the state of Florida can be found in Chapter 790 WEAPONS AND FIREARMS.

To add, the state defines, in part, a destructive device as "any type of weapon which will, is designed to, or may readily be converted to expel a projectile by the action of any explosive and which has a barrel with a bore of one-half inch or more in diameter; and ammunition for such destructive devices," (790.001 Definitions. para (4)), and possession or attempted possession of such by an individual is a felony (790.161 Making, possessing, throwing, projecting, placing, or discharging any destructive device or attempt so to do, felony; penalties.). Looks like the .50 cal ban in Florida is correct...unless you can argue that the .50 BMG upper for your AR-15 meets this criteria: "(d) Any nonautomatic rifle (other than a short-barreled rifle) generally recognized or particularly suitable for use for the hunting of big game."

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Possession of a suppressor by a private citizen is illegal in: CA, IA, KS, MA, MO, and MI. Territorial law prohibits possession in the Territories and Possessions of the United States. (My mistake on MO, which as of Aug. 2008 is now on the side of goodness and righteousness!!)

States that allow private citizens to possess suppressors are: AL, AR, AK, AZ, CO, CT, FL, GA, ID, IN, KY, LA, ME, MD, MS, MT, NE, NV, NH, NM, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WV, WI, and WY.

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
I am not interested in legal part of the story but in the technical
I know this may come off as sort of uncalled for, but I think if you're not interested in the legal side, you shouldn't know the technical side.

And before you disregard my post as having nothing to add, I made my suppressor, so I do know what it takes to make one.

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
All I need to know!
I didn't know that it is illegal,just wanted to avoid problems in transaction.
Would registrate it here,thought.

What do I need to LEGALLY buy it or only governmental agencies with an End User Certificate can buy it!?

I really didn't know that because i saw a lot people shooting with silencers in US,I thought it is illegal,how they don't end up in prison!?
Because it's legal to buy or make them here, but you have a lot of extra steps in doing it.

You have to submit a photo and fingerprints to the FBI, go through an extensive background check, pay a $200 tax, and IF you're approved, then you can either make or buy the one you want. They are highly regulated to say the least.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.