Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get a suppressor for my HK. I know you have to pay a fee to the BATF and they run the background check. Does anyone know if you can get the permit first and then buy the suppressor a few weeks later and do you know if you can buy them from an individual?

Ideally I'd like to get the permit and then find a good deal on a used one. I'm still trying to figure out how it works. If anyone can educate me on this I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Here in TX, at the gun show, there was a vendor selling suppressors. We asked him what the requirements were on obtaining one. he said you pay about $100 deposit for the suppressor, $200 that goes towards the state for the application fee and all that jazz, then you wait about 3 months for the background check, after all of that goes through, you go and pick up the suppressor and pay for the rest of it. You spend about $700 or more to own and carry THAT suppressor. So, the license you obtain is only registered for that suppressor. If you buy another one, you go through the same process again. He also mentioned that you can use that suppressor for any gun that it fits on. He spent about 30 minutes explaining the process to us. You're basically going through the same process over that you went through to obtain a concealed carry license (in Texas)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts