Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard it's not wise to suprress a composite like the 9mm xd tactical because of the blow back. Is this correct? I know it voids the warranty, but since I'm buying a 9mm can I'd love to be able to use it on my XD.

·
Registered
764 Posts
This isnt true at all.
The warranty part, I'm unsure of, but I doubt it would be effected as there is nothing a suppressor could do to damage a gun.

Of the 300rds of suppression(SWR Trident 9) on my XD9, I noticed at worse the internals get a bit more dirty, but nothing that cant be wiped off.

·
Premium Member
28,481 Posts
I don't think using a suppressor will void the warranty. Many people have suppressed their XDs with no ill effects.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe the person I spoke to was wrong, but that's what I was told when I called Springfield. I'm not that worried about the warrenty as long as I can in fact put one on and have it not damage the gun...which is great news thanks for the help!

So where do I go to find a TB? Is it better to buy an extra one and send it to the can company or is there a company that sells a TB for the XD 9?

·
Registered
764 Posts
TBs can be bought from EFK, BarSto, StormLake, and few others.

I bought StormLake, as their website was very easy to use compared to the others, and they appear to be the only ones that sell a .55" extra length barrel, versus a 1.05" barrel-the .50" being completely unneeded, and just looking weird.

www.cinemadepth.com/Pictures/Guns/xd1.jpg
www.cinemadepth.com/Pictures/Guns/xd2.jpg
(I dont have ATF approval yet for my can, just got the LCD so far-got another month to go, but I've shot my friends Trident 9)

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Springfield is a marketing company, just keep that in mind when you call them.

Pistol Gear's match barrels are perfect for suppressors. They should be threaded to your can specs. We thread barrels regularly for compensators and suppressors, so if you decide to go for some odd ball can keep that in mind. Standard threading is 1/2" x 28 for a 9mm.

I would use EFK only as a last resort.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts