Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well im totally in love with my xd and id like to give her a present for being such a good girl. so i thought id get a suppressor. so my question is anyone got any ideas. all ive been able to find is a bar-sto barrel and one suppressor. not to may cans out there for the .40 S&W. any knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
87 Posts
get a barrel from efk, have it threaded by a gunsmith that specializes in threading, and get an AAC Evolution-40.

Every suppressor's thread is different, so you have to get the suppressor first, then have the barrel threaded. There is no 1 thread that fits all suppressors.

Also, you can't just buy a suppressor, like you can a gun. You have to file paperwork with the ATF, fingerprint, photo ID...etc. Then you have to wait 6 months to 1 year for the ATF to approve you for the silencer. Also, there's an additional 200 dollar tax on every Class 3 firearm (aka suppressors, machine guns...etc).

I'm waiting for my Evo-40 right now....2 more months...

·
Registered
782 Posts
EFK can actually thread it for you, they do it for an extra $60.

Barsto will do it as well I believe, but I'm not sure on the price.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I do not mean to offend but would like to know what you would do with your suppressed XD? I only ask because I, too, have thought about going through the process of getting one for my Walther P22 but everytime I think about it I ask myself what I would use it for? I live in a relatively suburban neighborhood so just plinking wouldn't be a reason. Not accurate enough to hunt vermin (not with my shooting anyway). Anyway, just curious.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
why, just because really. plus my folks just bought some property so id get a chance to plink without being a disturbance to them. i am aware of just about all the processes of getting a class 3 device, just have not done it yet because i dont have any money to blow on a can and the transfer fee. any info posted or first hand about the results of this aac evolution on a xd? thanks matt.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I am getting a P22 and can in nov-dec for the sole purpose of knocking off pigeons and Greckles in my yard. See, the pigeons make a huge mess and are just filthy, and the damn greckles are actually tearing the hell out of my dog and 2 of my neighbors dogs. Mine used to have a bloody bald spot on his head from one of the big males that I finally wacked last month. Pellet gun is to loud when I get enough pressure in it to actually kill the little bastards.
IJ

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
captdecoy said:
You don't need to spend that much to bump-off some birds. Use rat poison
There's no fun or challenge doing it that way. Besides there are other creatures that could eat it that you don't want to bump off.

To answer the question about what I would do with a suppressed XD?
Same thing I do with an unsuppressed XD, shoot it.....quietly.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I have shot a P22 with a supressor, and it was amazing!! I can't believe how quiet it was. If I lived close to town and didn't feel like pissing of my neighbors I think I would look into getting a .22 supressor. The advantage to getting a .22 supressor is that I have 6 differant guns that I could use it on.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just bought my P22 and Tac65 suppressor last week. I already got my CLEO signoff done, and am waiting for the ATF to pass my form.
Suppressor is sitting in my dealers safe waiting for me.

It was Damn quite when I tried another one at the range.

I got it used (very slightly, I know the guy that was selling it pretty well), with the Can, for $400.

Rat poison is no fun, and dry white rice is getting old as well, Plus, I want to keep the other birds we have around.

I hate waiting.
IJ

·
Registered
7 Posts
Have you guys checked out the site www.autoglock.com , well I emailed them out of curosity and asked if they have a conversion part for Full auto, for my sa XD 9mm, and they said yes!!!! 150 bucks and they will send me the part. I dont think I really want to do this, but it might be fun. anyone here know of anyone who has used that sight, or heard that a xd 9 could be full auto as easy as they say? thanks

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
I think it's an ATF honeypot. But even if it's not... Bad idea. Federal prison. Federal pound me in the ass prison.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts