Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I have two challenges.

1) So I'm wanting to suppress my HD M2 9sc. Can I / Should I do that? Has anyone else suppressed such a short barrel? Is there any blowback or other issue I'd be creating by suppressing it? I'm thinking grabbing an EFK threaded barrel, and going from there.

2) I have a CMR204 mounted on it currently, Light and Green Laser. Can I get a suppressor that will still allow the CMR204 to function? And which can would you choose (ideally attempting to maintain as short of a profile as possible). I realize volume is gold in cans, my goal is if my wife and kids are in the closet and need to shoot a bg, they all may still have some hearing after the ordeal.

@Gigantore, @TSiWRX Any ideas?

Thanks for any insight or suggestions. Even if that suggestion is to get a different HD weapon.

·
Registered
29,742 Posts
I've seen suppressed G26's, so I can't see why you couldn't.

As for using the laser...if it's rail mounted, it should work.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here's some pics for reference. It's slightly less than inch from bottom of barrel. And less than 5/8 protruding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've seen suppressed G26's, so I can't see why you couldn't.

As for using the laser...if it's rail mounted, it should work.
Cool. I might be making a bigger concern about this than needed. I've not dived into the suppressor world quite yet.

So just find a can with a radius smaller than what I measure for height needs and I should be good.

·
Registered
7,354 Posts
I wish I could help with this one, but alas, it's well outside the relatively small confines I call my knowledge pool.:oops: Sorry!

That said, this is a very interesting project/build. I'd very much like to see where it goes. Best of luck!

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
Caldwell E-Max Low-Profile Electronic Headphones | DICK'S Sporting Goods

These will always fit. If they are in the closet you could just leave 2 sets of these in there next to a shotgun for your wife should worst come to worst. You can hear noises and voices louder than they actually are while gunshots are muted. If that was your main reason this is a cheaper easier alternative that would not have any effect on the reliability of the weapon.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Caldwell E-Max Low-Profile Electronic Headphones | DICK'S Sporting Goods

These will always fit. If they are in the closet you could just leave 2 sets of these in there next to a shotgun for your wife should worst come to worst. You can hear noises and voices louder than they actually are while gunshots are muted. If that was your main reason this is a cheaper easier alternative that would not have any effect on the reliability of the weapon.
That's not a terrible idea at all. However I'd still like to consider a faster solution too.

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
You can always remove the 204 if the can won't fit with it on there. But I'm not sure if it would be in the way. I plan on getting a threaded barrel for my mod2 sc.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You can always remove the 204 if the can won't fit with it on there. But I'm not sure if it would be in the way. I plan on getting a threaded barrel for my mod2 sc.
Are you getting it also from EFK? Let me know when you place your order, as maybe they'll make them faster if more are in the queue.

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
Are you getting it also from EFK? Let me know when you place your order, as maybe they'll make them faster if more are in the queue.

They are made to order I believe. And I would probably get one from efk. Don't really know who else makes one.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They are made to order I believe. And I would probably get one from efk. Don't really know who else makes one.
Yeah they are made to order. I didn't know if you knew of another place that made them.

What suppressor are you looking at for it?

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
Yeah they are made to order. I didn't know if you knew of another place that made them.

What suppressor are you looking at for it?

Yeah, I don't know of anyone else that makes one for us. I bought a Liberty Mystic X. A few months out till It gets approved. Its in NFA jail right now.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, I don't know of anyone else that makes one for us. I bought a Liberty Mystic X. A few months out till It gets approved. Its in NFA jail right now.
Did you make your own NFA Trust and all that jazz?

·
Registered
161 Posts

Currently on back order. I definitely want to go this route too (getting silencer for my subcompact).

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Currently on back order. I definitely want to go this route too (getting silencer for my subcompact).
Just making sure, they aren't really on back order. The button should say "made to order". Every 60-90 days they produce for whomever has paid them for a barrel. I understand that need, as it's a supply demand situation.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts