Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only reason I ask is because when you go on their website it says will work with al xd model except for xd subcompact when I emailed crossbreed they said it would work with both so who's correct the website or the rep? Again will a supertuck for an xd9 service model work with an xd9sc ?
Thanks

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
im no expert but from what i can tell, my XD9SC and my XD9 service are the exact same size except for the barrel and grip length. i would ass-u-me if the muzzle end of the holster is open, either should fit. someone else will know for sure.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im no expert but from what i can tell, my XD9SC and my XD9 service are the exact same size except for the barrel and grip length. i would ass-u-me if the muzzle end of the holster is open, either should fit. someone else will know for sure.

I was actually considering buying an xd9sc what's your opinion on it as an EDC?

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
It will work for both. As mentioned, the only difference (as far as holsters go) is the barrel length. They do have an open bottom.
IF the kydex is cut to the length of the Service's 4" barrel, the Kydex will only be a little long with the XDsc.

I have a CBST made for my XDsc that also fits my XDMc fine. The only 'down side' of using it for my XDMc is that the distal end of my XDMc barrel sticks out the bottom, but that's no big deal for me.

·
Registered
11,292 Posts
Fat and heavy.

As for the original question, buy with confidence. My XD 4" service and XDsc work in the same CBST.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
im 5-9 feet tall, 170 pounds. i carry it in a Galco Triton kydex IWB (there are better holsters out there). its kinda thick but i like it cuz the mags fit my XD service also. over all im happy with it and i have no plans on replacing it. in fact, i have two XD9SC's.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fat and heavy.

As for the original question, buy with confidence. My XD 4" service and XDsc work in the same CBST.
That's good to hear because I just purchased cbst last night $100 shipped that's after 10% off JULY4 code. Gotta pay to play.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
im 5-9 feet tall, 170 pounds. i carry it in a Galco Triton kydex IWB (there are better holsters out there). its kinda thick but i like it cuz the mags fit my XD service also. over all im happy with it and i have no plans on replacing it. in fact, i have two XD9SC's.
Yeah I tried out the xds vs xd9sc although I like the slim xds I can't get my self to be ok with the 7+1 capacity plus the xd9sc not only has a higher capacity but its cheaper too and I can save on mags since I already own an xd9 service model

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
They are interchangeable in the CBST. I carry a 4" service in the winter, and an XD9sc in the summer. Same holster, same back-up mag (the 16-round mags fit and function just fine in the sub compact).

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
If for some reason it doesn't work you can return it after a couple of weeks for a refund but I think you will be happy with it. After wearing it awhile the leather part will conform to your body and it will get even more comfortable. You can adjust the clips for ride height and cant of the gun to your preference. Don't forget the belt. Good luck and carry on.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
That's good to hear because I just purchased cbst last night $100 shipped that's after 10% off JULY4 code. Gotta pay to play.
let us know how it works out. ive never heard anything bad about them but to me it just looks like a lot of material to be wearing.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
let us know how it works out. ive never heard anything bad about them but to me it just looks like a lot of material to be wearing.

Yeah, it seems so just by looking at them; but, they are actually very comfortable because of it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a XD9SC and a Super Tuck with horse hide, left handed and when ordering from CB there is an item on their pick list for "Springfield XD sub compact, all variants". It is the most comfortable holster I have.

·
Registered
6,098 Posts

its my winter carry. i used to carry it in the summer too until i got my xds. mine has been extremely reliable and will eat any ammo i feed it. its not the lightest or smallest gun on the market but you can easily carry it every day without issue.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts