Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i am searching and searching for a concealed carry holster for my xdm45 (45 ACP 4.5"). i know its a big pistol to be concealing but whatever. i have narrowed down my choice to these two. the MTAC will be shipped in couple of days where as the supertuck deluxe could take weeks.

my build:
5'9" 165 lbs, V cut.

can anyone chime in on which one to go with? both seem great and i am leaning more towards the MTAC mainly because i don't want to wait 4-5 weeks for it to be delivered.

questions:
can MTAC be worn outside the pants for the range and stuff?

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I own both. Both are great holsters but I prefer the MTAC. I like that you can swap out the kydex and use it for multiple guns. In my experience the MTAC is a bit more comfortable too.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
^^^^ I have the Supertuck and my Wife has the MTAC. Both are fine choices.
The main advantage to the MTAC seems to be being able to Swap out Kydex Bodies.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have both and use both. For me are are equals just with difference circumstances for use. If I could only pick one it would be the MTAC. Though I have started using a remora and find it has it uses as well.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MTAC it is!
now which option on the checkout is the xdm45? is it the XD (M) 4.5 9/40?

1 week compared to 4-6 weeks i'll take it!

can you use the MTAC to wear outside the belt?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
got this response from comp-tac:

"We currently do not offer any holsters for the Springfield XD(M) .45. However, I have recorded that we got a request for it. The company has to purchase the handgun to make the molds and because of the expenses we release new product based off of customer demand. The easiest way to keep up with our new releases and promotions is to sign up for our monthly newsletter. "

sucks!

aren't the 9/40/45 all the exact same frame and slide?!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
I ordered my Mtac last Sunday night and received it this morning. I have an Xdm45 but went ahead and ordered the Xdm40 version. It fits perfectly and so far, feels awesome!!! I have the retention set just loose enough where it doesn't take much effort to draw but tight enough that the pistol won't fall out when turned upside down and shaken. When wearing it, you barely know its there. Love this so far. I'll come back with a post review after 2 weeks of wearing.

·
Banned
263 Posts
Have both. Prefer mtac. Can't be owb. Only iwb. Mtac wears much more comfy all day long.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ordered an MTAC last Saturday. Arrived tonight, wearing it now while sitting on the couch and hardly know it's there. XDM .40 in 4.5"

I haven't done anything to adjust the cant yet so imagine I can get it better. Never thought I could or would carry IWD because everything I had tried in the past didn't work well. This will be my new favorite holster. I will most likely buy the interchangeable kydex for my Glock only if the change can be made in a minute or two. Any longer than that and I'll just buy the whole thing.

Last thing I need to do is shoot this gun to see if it works.

Funny story, I found some boxes of ammo in a plastic bin I keep gun cleaning supplies in. Found several boxes of Federal Premium and Speer GoldDot. Most likely purchased around 2002 for $13.99 per box of 20. I bought GoldDot last week for $27.99 per box of 20.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Mtac does make an OWB model the Minotaur I think. Want to try that now I think as I have a Crossbreed ST and dont find it that comfortable.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Ordered an MTAC last Saturday. Arrived tonight, wearing it now while sitting on the couch and hardly know it's there. XDM .40 in 4.5"

I haven't done anything to adjust the cant yet so imagine I can get it better. Never thought I could or would carry IWD because everything I had tried in the past didn't work well. This will be my new favorite holster. I will most likely buy the interchangeable kydex for my Glock only if the change can be made in a minute or two. Any longer than that and I'll just buy the whole thing.

Last thing I need to do is shoot this gun to see if it works.

Funny story, I found some boxes of ammo in a plastic bin I keep gun cleaning supplies in. Found several boxes of Federal Premium and Speer GoldDot. Most likely purchased around 2002 for $13.99 per box of 20. I bought GoldDot last week for $27.99 per box of 20.

Glad it worked out for you!! I adjusted my front clip to the 3rd hole from the bottom and the rear clip to 2nd hole from the bottom. It keeps the pistol's center right at the upper portion of my belt with a forward cant that will conceal the handle. I love it!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts