Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody here use this? I bought a box of 50 for my XD40 and the ratings on it seem to say that its a good round for self defense and whatnot.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Wont expand inside of zombies. Thier skin and muscle is of dead flesh and to soft. A shotgun is beter. If the 00 buck doesn't take the head off, you can use the gun as a bat. Because tha is how you kill zombies. You must take out thier head. Saw it on TV.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How about a living human? I read that this round has rapid energy transfer. Does that mean that all the force will hit them at once rather than as the bullet is traveling through them?

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Do us a favor and give a detailed range report on May 13, 2005. Thanks alot.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I can't wait till May 14, 2005. We should start laying bets on who posts the first, "WE ARE STILL HERE," thread.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
How about a living human? I read that this round has rapid energy transfer. Does that mean that all the force will hit them at once rather than as the bullet is traveling through them?
What kind of definitive answer are you looking for? Is the bad person on drugs?, how much do they weigh? What distance? Did they have potato salad for lunch? You seriously think someone has the answer to your question?
Ok, here is the best I can do. Silvertip ammo should be better than full metal jacketed ball ammo. Happy Birthday.

·
Registered
415 Posts

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
87-51 said:
Okay, I know I missed something. What's supposed to happen on May 13th?
Well duh! Thats when the zombies wake up and come to rule the earth.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I think you guys are starting to get more annoying than he is. Is it that hard to ignore him. If you don't have experience with this round in your XD why are you replying?

Nerd
Do a search if you haven't already. There have been many discussions about ammo. If you are looking for real world experience on a human target, you will not find that here.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
CmptrN3rd said:
Anybody here use this? I bought a box of 50 for my XD40 and the ratings on it seem to say that its a good round for self defense and whatnot.
I'd say it's a good round, better than FMJ, but relatively old technology. I wouldn't have a problem carrying that ammo, but would give the nod to Gold Dots or Ranger T's ahead of Silvertips.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts