Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been planning to puchase a Supertuck for my XD45 to ride in, but I stoped at my local gun dealer and saw the King Tuk at 50 bucks and looking very similar. I know there are a few company's making this "style" of holster. Should I order the Supertuck or just swing by and pck up the King Tuk? Would prefer feedback from someone who has experiance. Thanks.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I have contemplated a king tuk as well and was actually just logging on to ask if anyone here has any experience with one. I have never seen one in person but have thought about ordering one. I have a very basic soft iwb holster and I like it but the muzzle of my pistol is wearing a hole through it and was thinkersng about replacing it with one of these style of holsters.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I have a ST copy from ebay and I love the design, eventhough I didn't think I would've. I just stopped by the local Gun store a couple days ago and looked at the King tut and I really like it and IMO I would go w/ Galco. The price point is cheaper but he holster is very well made and you don't have to pay any additional for the combat cut, becaue that it the only cut they make. Good Luck

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have not tried the ST, but I do hbe the King Tuk. I love it. Very comfy and very well made.

I got it b/c Galco has a good reputation, and they didn't disappoint!

I'd recommend the King Tuk to anyone who asked about it...

·
Premium Member
127,435 Posts
I haven't tried the Kin Tuk, but I love my CrossBreed SuperTuck.

·
Registered
895 Posts
i own both

the kingtuk has a harder "dual layer" leather with a seamed edge and smooth back, also has nice hardwear that doesn't mangle the leather up if you want to adjust the cant and ride height.

the supertuck is more expensive but a softer leather altogether with raw leather back, no seams and adjustment hardware isn't quite as quality and can shred the holes if you adjust too much.

the crossbreed supertuck leather 'broke in', the kingtuk formed my hip but is more stiff by far compared to broken in supertuck.

the kingtuk comes with the leather back shaped with 'combat' cut, crossbreed supertuck this cut near the top of the holster for better frame aquisition costs additional(last i checked).

they both draw and reholster about the same( i never truely tested the two one right after the other). after wearing both even though the kingtuk is stiffer it still 'disappears' after i minute or two.

nothing against the comfort of a crossbreed but the kingtuk is $50.00, come-on!!!!!!! thats a deal.

P.S.- I conceal my XDM compact 9mm and am medium framed 5'11 175lbs, hard to conceal with a teeshirt. hopefully they release the single stack poly pistol soon.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I don't know anything about Kingtuk but I do know that Comp-Tac beats Crossbreed hands down

save youself some money and get the comp-tac :cool:

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have the King Tuk and like it - but I haven't used any other to make a comparison. It carries my XDm .45. I'm 6'3 and 325#. I was concerned it would be uncomfortable while sitting in the car. I have a 6 mile commute every day and I hardly know it's there. I'm right handed and it doesn't interfer with my seatbelt either. Because the building i work in is CPZ, I disarm in the lot which is easy while still in the car. I wear scrubs for a uniform and find I "can" wear it without a belt, but have to be sure to really tighten the draw strings, lol.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Guys I guess I will swing by and Pick up the KingTuk and try it out. I may go out on a limb and buy a few different brands of the same style as I can afford and do a comparison video.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So many options

·
Premium Member
20,508 Posts
I carry in a supertuck so that is my vote. I have no experience with the other holsters.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys. I have the supertuck, the Kingtuk and the MaxTuck from White Hat hoslers. theirs is by far superior in my opinion. It is in the same style as the kingtuck and supertuck but it is interchangeable. 60 for the holster, 20 for the extra kydex. they have a youtube channel that shows a side by side comparison of the maxtuck vs crossbreed and mactuck vs kingtuk. worth checking out. You can also get custom kydex and cammo/colored kydex, different leather finishes, etc so its more customizable. I love mine and it is my dedicated EDC holster. the youtube channel is whitehatholsters. website is maxtuck dot com. Peace. Be safe!

Oh also, I got mine 8 days fomr order date. They are handmade in Texas so it takes about week to get it.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Since everyone it tossing out ideas, I'll throw my opinion out there to.

Check into the "The Answer" by Tucker Gun Leather. The ORIGINAL hybrid holster that everyone is copying. I have one for my XDm 3.8 compact and will never buy another IWB holster for my carry gun.

He's a forum sponsor now to.

Answer IWB for Pistols

1 - 17 of 17 Posts