Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay,

So, with Wisconsin passing CCW and it going into effect, while waiting for my permit, I'm considering how I'm going to wear the XD40sc.

Right now, I have a RH Super-Tuck that I've been practice carrying at about 3:30 to 4:00. What I'm considering, is whether getting a LH super-tuck and wearing it at 6:00. Has anyone tried this?

·
Registered
428 Posts
I'm a lefty and my partner (law enforcement...not life. Lol.) is a righty. I saw this proposed before, and I decided to try it. I stuck his IWB on with his gun, and you CAN NOT draw the gun without pointing it at yourself. In a stressful situation, I'd be afraid to shoot myself in the kidney on the draw...just something to think about.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
There are a lot of safety concerns with 6 o'clock or small of back position. Mainly the gun will end up pointed at one of your body parts or someone else in the draw and should you ever fall it could cause spinal damage. Being in WI falling is the more likely to happen with the 9 months of winter and all lol.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hadn't thought of those. Makes sense. Not a big fan of painting myself or others I don't intend to harm.

Thanks gentlemen.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts