1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
39 Posts
I ended up using the paddle holster that comes with the XDm and stuck it inside the side of the door where you can put papers, maps, and stuff (whatever that's called).

There are a few negatives though:
1. It's possible to kick it with your foot as you're getting in and out of the car.
2. People might see it (if they're in the right spot) when you open the door.
3. It's a little low (at least in my truck) which would slow a draw. If you were in a smaller car it would probably be a little better.

But it works perfectly for me and didn't cost me any extra!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Oh, it also scratches the vinyl panel a little as you might be able to see in the pic but again, cost vs. benefit analysis = benefit outweighs cost (at least for me).

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya but it's right handed. I'd need a left handed one to be able to mount it where I wanted. I guess I could buy a left handed one from springfield and mount it into my car.

Or I could try that company that the thread above mine is advertising

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
You probably already have a holster that would allow you to do this ...

·
Registered
31,581 Posts
If you have an XD Springfield may give you a left handed one, all you have to do is tell them you purchased it recently and have no use for the right handed one. Have seen many posts on here about this very thing. They do not, however, make one for the xdm yet.

·
Premium Member
128,401 Posts
Personally, I would never attach a holster to the door. As soon as you open it you would be exposing it to view...a crime here in Ohio.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I decided not to go the cheap route. I wanted something secure as well so when I needed to lock my gun in the car from time to time I have that covered too. Can get to it from any seat in the vehicle. The gun is holstered and is presented to me when the door is opened.

In the car I use the thumb break that comes with the holster.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ya I saw your thread advertising the holsters right after I first posted this thread.

They look nice. I'll definitely be keeping your holsters in mind as I make my decision

1 - 12 of 12 Posts